Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: My mental breakdown

@periwinklepixie I'm a perfectionist too and I can be very hard on myself. I will try to be mindful of that. Thanks for cheering me on 😊

@Powderfinger It's okay, these are just ideas. I will work towards them slowly. Like today I'm just concentrating on drinking water and listening to my audio book. 

I used the Headspace app for six years. I meditated for 20 minutes twice a day (sometimes three times a day). I stopped using it because they changed it too much and I didn't like it, and it's very expensive now. 

I haven't been meditating regularly for a while. I haven't really been able to find any meditations I like. At the moment I'm listening to these meditations:

https://youtu.be/MKDvoxMIQQE

I like them because they are non-spiritual and similar to the Headspace guided  meditations, but I don't really like the guy's voice. 

Sorry, I forgot to say...

I went through a stage where I meditated without any guidance, but I find that too hard at the moment because my negative thoughts are too strong.

@Powderfinger 

For me it was moment by moment, day by day, one step at a time. Go easy on yourself @Arizona
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance