Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

hello  @Sophia1   Hope you are finding some a little relaxation and peace my friend.

hope my doc visit kite lifted your chin a bit.

I forgot to ask you a couple of things.    What was the adults club you where trying to set up.  You sparked my curiosity.  not that I'm old enough of coarse.

Second and much more important.    You mentioned you are an avid road runner fan.  Me too .  But ,  why does the coyote never catch the road runner.   Just once would balance it out in my head.

I feel sorry for that scrawny feral flea bag,  and I wonder if the guy that runs Amazon started out at ACME.

Mate,   given enough time,   I don't think there is a single thing you wont catch up to and conquer,  Time out,   rest,   re group,   new gadgets from acme and just enjoy the chase.

We all love you,   you go getter,         your friend .  .   .   tonys moon base one

Hello @tonys 

Lovely to have your letter waiting.

You get to tell me what to do now laugh. Have you been listening to the book keeper and watching that wooden spoon closely?

My foot had to go back to urgent doctor appointment to have urgent xray to then be followed up with urgent doctor phone call and lastly urgent doctor appointment to check foot again today.

Concern was around complex bone structure in the ankle region.

Fear of fracture that can lead to fractures elsewhere if not discovered apparently. I have osteoporosis.

No fear lump is on top of foot closer to  ankle but not an issue final diagnosis today.

So rest foot not walk. Noone about to drive me. No support for medical appointments in our little forgotten town sitting on a hill in amongst hills that all tourists love to visit.

Of course it was something like 39 degrees and I hobbled along taking half an hour to get there.

Two hour wait as they are flat out. They only had one ambulance today doctor told me. Had three doctors away one day and two doctors away another this week. Very hard working practice.

Good news forgot to ask how much rest how much walking so thought just wing it.

So have missed two of my new classes on one subject and two on another. No problem. Ladies laugh along with my humour and are happy to have me when I can arrive.

These are the new strategies of putting myself first!!!!!!!!!!

Laugh.

Crises still happening all around.

More cancer spreading...husband has skin cancer back on face...cut out deep margin but cannot go any deeper due to nerves in face...,

Cancer now spreading throughout body in young family friend waiting for bone marrow transplant.Has to wait until April to get clearance for transplant.

Another friend who lives in Alaska was one of many exchange students living with my husband many years ago when he headed the programme in rotary.

Sadly her son only 10 years old passed away with leukemia. Her first son has special needs.

Found out last night.

My adult cub (not adult club Tonys....sorry to disappoint you there...)

Rather than disclose son or daughter all though some on here do know.

I try to maintain some confidentiality but sometimes when all gets too  much ramble away.

Best I not write about here

Do not want to upset all visitors to this thread.

Might write on a couple of threads floating about covering the systems not working

The road runner .....

now that is one very smart character....

the coyote will never catch the road runner ....

that is the whole point of the relationship....

it is not about speed it is about bewildering the coyote so that he does not think clearly.

his focus is messed with..distracted...

A game of chess where the roadrunner is the master of all games..

I love it...

Bugs Bunny similar......

More like adult humour than cartoons.

road-runner-illustration-cartoon-comedy-editorial-bird-2H1D1JR.jpg

accepting the love and sending straight back

friendships

a fellow voyager...not sure where the submarine is...not on this planet...dodging the stars I think at the moment...

Sophia1

@Sophia1 ,    Hey there Sophia.    Missed you hea ps my friend.      Now . . .    down to business.

The foot.   Now one to take you anywhere,  .  .  .    a w e ,   does that mean you'll  have to follow docs orders for a change. .!     diddum's.   39 degrees ,    well if thats not a reason to put your feet up, I  don't  know what is.    As for the sub.   I wrapped it around a river red chasing that infernal bird . . .   beep    beep.

Mate ,I  love ,  love,  love,   loony tunes and all those old bugs bunny cartoons.   Fog horn leg horn  and me are on par  In the brains department,   so he is my fav.   I totally get the road runner.  I guess  I have just been the coyote to many times.

Mate,  back to earth.   Your hubbies condition must be worrying for the both of you.   I went through a patch where i was being mauled by skin doctor on a monthly bases.  She put me on big doses of vitamin B 3 and its been 2 years now,  without having to go to Helgas  house of pain.    You cant muck around with that sort of thing can you.   Pass on my best wishes please.     You certainly do have more than your share of rocks in your clouds.  I guess the guy in charge of pulling levers and switching the sun of every day has his reasons,  but boy oh boy,   you do have a tough gig at times.

I was hoping the  A club was a  Tupper ware  party.    Just once,  I want to know what really lies beneath,   It cant just be about plastic pots and pans.   There has to be more to it and no one is telling me.       This is a road runner conspiracy,  I knew it. . . ! 

Now . . . . this is not my best writing,  I know but I got a couple of blue rays of the internet, from the post office,  a new milestone for me.  and I look like a kid with his legs crossed doing the waiting . . dance . . outside the dunny door.  I was just so glad to see your letter,  I had to touch base,  but I will focus and  dream up something special just for you my friend very soon

Please try too hover in chill mode,   kindest wishes      tonys moon base 1

Hello my lovely loyal friend @tonys 

I missed you too.

Yes I was sidetracked yet again on my way over here and found someone with issues so similar to mine growing up that I just had to write to her.

I will come back to you as always.

I am not putting you last.

Off to get eyes tested.

More medical.

Such fun all this medical..

Still I need to be able to read so that I can read all of the letters from my special friends.

take care

will be in touch promise

your very thankful friend

Sophia

sending you love and hugs as you so deserve them.

The world needs more people like you but not too much like you as I want you to stay the true you.

Hello @Sophia1   How are you traveling,   thats a trick question.    Your supposed to have your feet up. ..!     I do like the, . . . loyal. .    word.    I keep it in my pocket with a few other gems . .

and some magic beans.

I hope you find solace in your friend.    Birds of a feather.  .  .  hey.

you really do have to look after you eyes my friend.   The windows to so many windows.

Better bleak the raindrops tracks

Than falsehood fractured widow cracks

The things we saw and thought so trite

Now well worn windows with second site

What we lost   and left behind

We saw it all . . .    but where we blind

Eyes . . .     for my dear friend   @Sophia1 . . . .       tonys moon base   1

@Sophia1    opps  ,       please touch up the spelling mistakes. . .    some one.   tonys mb 1   

@tonys 

I had not been visiting a friend when I last wrote to you..

I had reached out to someone new about a subject that has impacted my life and it is only reaching more acknowledgement and action now from a foundation

I did not receive a reply

I am so tired with everything happening spinning around me

I accidentally found a thread that I had written in 201& on carer side about son missing again

I have no recall of writing that

so am not much fun or interest

I know that you have found another thread that is stimulating and talks about literature and the arts. My passion also. I am happy for you..

you have much to offer

please thrive 

I knew that you would find your way 

I too appreciate your loyalty

I will visit carers side for a while

always your friend

hello @Sophia1 . . .    well you'll always be interesting to me my friend.   I  read your post,  looked up in the sky.     The birds are flying backwords,    Rainbows are falling from the sky and   nightingales song falls silent.  .  .  .   Are you  ok.   Well I ask a question I already Know the answer to,  don't   I.

I  never know what thread I'm in half the time,  and I don't yet know If there is a room out there that I can truly be free to run without compromise.  Like a one winged butterfly,  I can only go where the kind responses to letters whisk me. 

THAT MY VERY DEAR FRIEND IS HOW I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO FIND YOU. . . .   !

So,   If it feels right,   Drop that spinnaker,  throw a wave to those shadows on the jetty.

And I shall wait  with lantern in hand to see if your  journey takes you past my shore again.

Safe travels  my fellow sailor.  .  .  .      tonys moon base one  

Oh you run free in every room @tonys 

you light up these forums

do you know that there is an organisation called leave the light on

every year on October 21st light a candle

leaving a light on spreading the message for all the missing persons

I light candles when I remember

I will visit and light a candle for you

in the meantime you fill those rooms with your creative magic

you my friend have such depth and I am so proud that I have shared tales with you

If I leave only a few words there will always be a light

goodnight

@Sophia1    Sleep well my friend.    Tonys    mb   1

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance