Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

@Appleblossom   I know you grew up seeing this and more than most can fathom.     You are in the bridge of that battleship  and all us crew look to you more than you may realize.   Its more than you should carry,  I know,  but thats what comes with brass on the cap.

I know you have much to do and friendship events to plan and look forward to,  and i'm excited for you.    It is pouring rain and the crew have told me in stern  words,  Its my turn to do the dishes.        I do hope we can talk another day.         Enjoy  your   tonys  mb 1 

Hi @Sophia1 just a short reply, you can use eco oil in the garden it is pet safe 🙂 so you won't need to worry about your cat eating leaves or flowers. It is safe for children too as it only contains plant based oils. 

I hope this helps, my gardenia is holding on, so I am giving it extra love and care

@Sophia1   Wow  there is smoke coming out of my printer.  Thankyou Sophia.  fasted i have ever done the dishes and the book keeper is inspecting at each and every one and giving me the  look,  So I thought the packing shed might provide refuge.    There is a loud tribal sound shaking the red rusty iron.  I guess that  must be what young people call music these days.

I call it a carefully contrived plan to keep me out of there.   Swamp thing somehow favours that ,

over my company,  But he is on his belly with his paws over his ears.     I  pulled the shed fuse for a second and a couple of  shiella's came flying out, armed with tomatoes from the reject bin

I can take a few hits from rotten tomatoes but did they have to send out their fast bowlers first.

So im in the sub.   Now soon as the social tech woman starts here .  I am going to get her to Take some pics of my underground sub and send em to you.   You thought it was just a metaphor,  This thing has a hatch , long ladder down,  Exposed plumbing and electrics ,  escape double doors ,  each 3 inch thick steel and the walls down there are 17 inch reo concrete.  All thats missing is a way to propel it out out of here.  and some torpedoes filled with fairy floss.  

Its the only place that can withstand the   'anti trust'  depth charges.

No,   I cant go to my new island yet.   Some one knew I was headed there and . . . sunk the island. . .    so  will  survey the charts for another and keep   it a secret this time.   Its hard to hide these days.   A painful lesson I  only just learnt.  Thanks  so much for all the work you put into your advice and comfort.               but

Enough of tonys .   I am hoping you will file a mission report on your recent conquests,  and an intell report on  the land awaiting  your next beachhead. .   You Are such a trooper my friend and its worth the upkeep on my mail box just for you.  let alone all the other wise old souls that keep this galleon in motion.

Take very good care my friend.   a round of rum for all. . .      tonys moon base 1

Thank you @Jacques 

I have the bunnings eco oil on my shopping list.

I have not been to bunnings for quite some time.

It can turn out to be a costly outing.

Gardenia still in same pot and same position.

Pleased that your gardenia is behaving and obviously loving your extra care an love ............

I also have a temperamental hydrangea....

or several ...a couple  in the garden that I have moved around to try to have more shade..

one in a pot that does not get full sun all day..

brown leaves are telling me too much H2O

Curled up leaves speak to me water me please..

??

gardening...

enjoy yours./.

am working my way out to mine..

I am also very weary and low..

take care

your friend

Sophia1

Thank you  @tonys 

Your underground submarine is bigger and better than the average dugout..

sounds incredible..

More like an underground bunker in preparation for invasion..

Do you keep food supplies in there?

You mention electricity so heating?

Perhaps best not to answer and give away too much..

I would suggest not posting pictures on line.

Following on from our learning to protect ourselves..

The internet is far bigger and used by far more than we can apprehend..

Everyone is virtual remember..

Personal stuff is best not posted..

The sub has had twin turbo exhausts; if such exist on submarine, added and a sports button plus traction button to enable increase speed mode..

Am currently in sports, traction, road runner mode...

love love love the roadrunner...favourite cartoon..

Have submerged deeper...exploring more depths..

Your sunken island might indicate that you are better off not there, if is sinkable in the first place..

No conquests as such, that deem being mentioned other than still taking on all challenges and remaining assertive....

at the same time recognising when to accept it is what it is without sacrificing myself..

So no reports...

I am weary and fighting off the dreaded D so looking after myself with many different strategies which change constantly if they do not work..

Tis called life..

I am fine..

Out to garden now....

Hoping that your new explorations come up with new promising options for you.

Bye for now

Take care my friend

Sophia1

Lovely to hear from you @Sophia1 💖

Busy here getting ready for the first week back. Still a lot to do but some will have to wait until tomorrow. We have some time in class in the morning so that will be my organising time then some time again on Tuesday afternoon which will be more planning time for me. The kids come back Wednesday and I am actually looking forward to seeing them. I, of course, will miss my babies but they will get used to the routine pretty quickly (me not so much lol). Next weekend is a long weekend for us so I will be spending that time planning again - I will break it up by doing a few things outside (weather and body permitting). Have had a really bad back the last few days so very limited in what I have been able to do but it is feeling a little better today ...going to have a nice long bath soon to try to ease it more then an early night ready for tomorrow.

Sending some extra love to you tonight Hon and hope the upcoming week is kind to you 💖

@tonys above message also for you 😁

@Appleblossom 💖💖💖

hi @Sophia1 

hahahaha, i know what you mean with bunnings, i do that myself, i got in for one item and come out with a trolley full. 

im glad you are trying different positions with your hydrangea, it is amazing when you find the right spot they will always let you know, i think part of the problem with my gardenia is it is just far too hot where it is, and i think mum may have accidently sprayed it with roundup, so i think it will make it just be sick for a little while. 

i bought some marigolds gosh they are so beautiful. golden with a hint of burgendy.

i understand only too well how life events can bring us down, remember to take some time out for you and try to find joy in the little things. a light breeze, a drop of rain, the smell of your garden. 

gentle hugs my friend.

Jacques

hello @Sophia1  I do hope this finds you in a place of harmony,  and worry this is wishful thinking.

If trust was like silver I'd be penniless,   

All to often you are right o wise one.   Its a small world. Intelligences till recently unknown to me.    Dogs,  pigs,  my draft horse and all the other critters here,  are well known and revered in this town.  But once I slip below the surface, Its a world known only to me,      and the book keeper.As you sugest,   I will run silent and deep.   I  guess some of us just need a place we can run full throttle through dense fog,    escaping the teeth,   finding the unknown,     and ourselves if fortune favours.

Our oceans ,  graveyards of sunken ships,   our  hearts a bone yard of broken dreams.

On this rock,  all we have is love,  trust  and each other to lift the fog.

Trust. . .   I'll never sell it cheap again.

I know you hold close,  those in your care and I trust you mate. 

May all you give come back in spades             tonys  moon base 1

hello @Zoe7   Thankyou for including me in your letter and I do hope the soul that sent it is well.

I can see you are very busy so I will just say,  backs are as fragile as minds.    Whatever you think you need to do to protect them.    Double it,  and it may just be,  half enough.

Please take care.                 tonys moonbase 1

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance