Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Club

Re: Knitting

Thank U @Eve7 🦄

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

@hanami , if you get very impatient when you knit, maybe consider trying crochet? It's usually quicker, don't know why, haha.

Oh really @Gwynn ! I had no idea. I might just give it a go 💜

Oh yes, definitely @Gwynn @hanami 

Part of the reason I love crochet. I find crochet easier overall. Beanie took me 2 days. You could really do it in few hours. Esp. With larger size hook.

Hi @maddison @Gwynn @hanami @Eve7 @Oaktree and everyone here. Thanks for the kind words on my jumper! Very much appreciated!

@maddison great work on the crochet beanie!

Take care!

Judi9877

Thankyou @Judi9877 🦄

Well done @Judi9877 , @maddison , @Eve7 , @Gwynn , @hanami 😀👍

Well done on your finished beanie @maddison 

It looks great. Maybe I should look more at YouTube tutorials. I use them for patterns for my baby blankets but nothing else.

Meggle

Hi @Oaktree @Gwynn @Shaz51 @maddison @hanami @Former-Member @tyme @Daisydreamer @Eve7 and everyone here. 

I just reread over your starting comments @Gwynn about knitting being as essential as breathing and after my past 24 hours of having a rough period with psychosis, I definitely agree with you 100% about your thoughts! The past 24 hours have been very stressful for me but in the midst of my psychosis experience last night, I came across a pattern for a blanket on Facebook and decided to stop all my current projects and start this new blanket and believe me, it has helped me immensely with my psychosis and related stress and anxiety surrounding it. The new pattern is 170 stitches on 5mm needles with 7 rows knit and 1 row purl to create ridges of sorts (or maybe lumps instead) and has given me a new sense of purpose and meaning to my current chaotic mental state as I’m made to focus and think of the pattern which has distracted me from the issues of psychosis which is a great feeling. I feel calm and content despite making a mistake in the pattern but as it’s for charity, I’m not too fussed as the charity needs blankets urgently so one mistake isn’t really going to be a major issue in the scheme of things as long as they get a blanket at the end of it and that’s the main thing. Besides, pulling out over 100 stitches is a nightmare and 1 I don’t plan to participate in! I’ll post a photo of the blanket later as I plan to work on more of it now. 

Take care!

Judi9877☺️🧶💐

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

@Judi9877, I'm sorry you're having troubles, but I'm glad that you're clinging onto something which helps and breathing and knitting and breathing through it.  What colour is the blanket going to be?  What does the pattern look like when it's done? How long is it at the moment, and how long will it be when you're done?

Don't forget to try to get some sleep to help flush the day's wastes out of your brain - even just laying in bed being peaceful is better than sitting up or pacing around. 

Glad you're taking your single mistake in your stride - that's a real achievement with a new pattern! 

I'm glad you can still smile in the middle of this, Judi.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance