Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Stavrogin
Casual Contributor

Claustrophobic in lockdown

I'm still working from home and I'm getting really claustrophobic about being stuck in the house. My heart starts pounding and I get short of breath. I suffer from bipolar and anxiety and both have been getting worse. Has anyone else been having symptoms like this?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Claustrophobic in lockdown

Hi @Stavrogin 

Firstly welcome to the forums. I hope you find the support you are looking for here.

I can understand how hard it is to be stuck at home, especially in the last lockdown that we have had.

I'm sorry that you are feeling this way. Especially since the lockdowns seem to have gone for so long, I can understand how difficult it is for our mental health.

Do you have any supports at all?

I find being at home all day effects my mental health too. I try and get out of the house, even if it is just going into my backyard.

Take care of you.

I have a psychologist but can only afford to see him once every two weeks. It's hard to get outside because I have to be near my laptop all the time. I suppose I could take it outside though....with a super warm coat

I am glad you have the support of a psychologist @Stavrogin 

I can understand the need to see them more but the cost stops us. It is hard when money takes over our mental health.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance