Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

scout1572
Senior Contributor

help

help. how do i write a simple message to sonmeonewhy is this so hard

11 REPLIES 11

Re: help

Hi @scout1572,

Welcome to the Forums. My name is FloatingFeather and I am one of the peer support workers at SANE. It is nice to have you with us.

I'm sorry to read you are struggling with how to write your message. When I find it hard to write a message sometimes I write down the points I want to say in my message first and then I try to put those points into a sentence/paragraph. Do you think this may be helpful?

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather 

scout1572
Senior Contributor

i cant understand this site. i dont do social media and just want to chat. i am completely isolated and spend every day alone. been nearly 10 years now and noone is coming to help. cant even work out how to use a website.

thatnk you for taking the time to tell me to write down my thoughts.

I know what you mean @scout1572, when I first started on this site I was confused too. It takes some time to get familiar with how it works. I will add a couple of links that may help you to get around a bit better. Is there something you specifically what to chat about?

Here is a link to the social pages which is a place more for members to chat with each other. There is usually a few people to chat with in these spaces: 

Social Spaces (this is where there are different chat groups)

Good Morning (this is probably one of the most popular chat groups if you want to say hello and start chatting with people). So where you see the last message, if you press the reply button you can write your message. When you have finished your message press the `post' button and your message will go up and people will be able to see it. 

Another tip is if you want to respond to someone (for instance if someone includes your name in a chat like I have included your name at the beginning of this message, use the @ symbol and then start typing their name directly after it. A box should appear, and you then select their name. This way means whoever you are writing too will will be notified of any posts you mention them in.

The good news is your messages are coming through so keep doing what you are doing 🙂

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather 

hanami
Senior Contributor

Hi @scout1572 

Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you right now. Do you see a GP or other health professionals who support you?

Hanami

scout1572
Senior Contributor

hi. thank you for your message. last time i went to the doctors to get depression medication scrip  ihad to wear a mask and told doctor i wasnt comfortable talking a lot thru mask. when he found out i was unvaccinated he told me that i was going to catch covid that year, and i was going to die. and if i came to the surgery they would see me as a threat to staff and not treat me

i stopped taking medicatrion.

scout1572
Senior Contributor

thank you for your time expaling that. it helps. iappreciate it

hanami
Senior Contributor

Oh @scout1572 

I'm sorry that happened to you. It sounds like an awful experience that you had at the doctors. I think it was awful that they said this to you.

You will always be very welcome here at SANE. I'm wondering if the counselling service here is something that might be helpful for you.

Here are the details:

Please keep messaging us here in the meantime. Have a look around the forums and see if there are some posts that interest you. You're doing a really good job and writing messages so don't think you're not!

Warmest wishes

Hanami

scout1572
Senior Contributor

thank you hanami

hanami
Senior Contributor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance