Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Severe ocd

Hi @Brena74 

I’m so glad to hear things are a bit better for you. Is there anything that you have done or changed to help with this ?

Unfortunately my daughter has now fully come off the medicine and we can really see that it was actually working as things are getting a lot worse again and she is very stressed and sad. She can’t see the difference though which I don’t understand. 
I just want to see her happy and functional. 

We are not sure what else we can do to help as we feel we have exhausted all avenues. I think it’s now up to her to want help. All the therapy can only work if she is willing to get help so we are kind of stuck and have stepped back. We can only watch things get worse again ….

Not sure what to do 

Re: Severe ocd

Hi @Dahlia100 

I’m sorry to hear your daughter is struggling, if she won’t take medication and/or therapy, there is not much you can do but love her and keep her safe. Her telling you she cannot see the difference, sounds like OCD talking so she must be struggling  right now, so unfair!

I understand your frustration and despair, we too have had to ride out similar circumstances with our daughter before. 

when the OCD is in charge, it is almost impossible to reason - not many people understand unless they experience it.

I’m not sure if we have done anything different to see some improvement, or if it’s simply the ebb and flow nature of OCD.

You have done well to get your daughter through school and to where she is, hopefully she has learnt from that to get through this too.

be kind to yourself, you matter too. X

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance