Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Flying_Hams
Community Guide

New to this side of Sane Forums

Hey all

I have spent all my time on sane forums over on the Lived Experience Forum. I was actually unaware that this side of the forum was something I could help in or be a part of so thanks to you @bipolarbunny for letting me know

What sort of stuff do you over here?

Sorry, it's a bit new to me haha

28 REPLIES 28

Re: New to this side of Sane Forums

hey hello @Flying_Hams Smiley Very Happy

great to see you xoxo

@FindingStrength@Carlachris@Smc@Determined@Scoo@Bipolarcarer@bipolarbunny@Adge@Appleblossom  come and say hello xoxo

Hey @Flying_Hams so great to see you on this side of the forums. xx

BB 🐰💙

Hi,

We kind of try to support each other with understanding the frustrations and sometimes funny things that we find similiar living with our dear loved ones. Trying to guide our way through the complex maze of when and how and what to do to help each other and understanding sometimes we can't help but only listen. It helps to know we are not alone in times of crisis. I find  It can be very lonely when my hubby is unwell and socially isolating especially in these troubles times. 
welcome. 🪴

Hi @Flying_Hams ,

Well....welcome to the "other" world LOL.

I find myself on this side of the world more than the lived experienced side when it comes to helping people with BPD. So many families and friends often appear at their wits' end because they don't know what to do with their BPD loved one/s. This is where my lived experience of what worked and didn't work, comes in handy.

This side tends to be a little slower than the other side. But, either way, you're welcome to liven it up!

BPDSurvivor

Hi @Carlachris
Thanks for that and for sharing your side of things.
I feel welcomed here.
I'll see you around

Hello @Flying_Hams 

Its good to see you on the "dark" side don't be a stranger 😁

Heyo @Flying_Hams!!

The boundary between the two sides of the forum is somewhat porous. Carers have their own mental health struggles, often anxiety/depression/trauma related to some of the caring situations, but also sometimes their own unrelated MI issues. I guess partially because someone who has experienced MI is more in a position to be an empathetic carer?

I think the big difference is that we're maybe a bit more open about carer stress type situations here than when we pop in on the LE side. But it's the same thing on both sides in that it's a bunch of people offering mutual support. (And virtual "Hot Chocolate!")

55191b6e8a2fab93ef1880d61df57e0c.jpg

hello @Carlachris@BPDSurvivor@Anastasia@Flying_Hams@Smc@Cosmos@EmilyS@bipolarbunny@greenpea@FindingStrength@Appleblossom 

Carers have their own mental health struggles, often anxiety/depression/trauma related to some of the caring situations, but also sometimes their own unrelated MI issues. -- very true @Smc 

@Flying_Hams, I myself was emotionally and mentally abused by my father 

Well said @Smc 

It's such a shame that is the case. Hugs to all here on this cold lock down (NSW/Vic) Saturday night 🤗💞

@Shaz51 @Flying_Hams @BPDSurvivor @Carlachris 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance