Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Former-Member
Not applicable

New to SANE

I was suggested to visit this website for online help with my on going failing mental health issues. I was told l have Borderline Personality Disorder by 2 Psychiatrists. I struggle daily and l also self harm as a result of it all. 

I barely speak to people anymore. I thought l would see what l can do to repair myself. 

I have lived this way for a long time now and time is running out for me as l am giving up.

26 REPLIES 26
StuF
Senior Contributor

Re: New to SANE

@Former-Member 
Not a great deal I can say right now, but you Will be heard here and hopefully some can offer more help

Hi @Former-Member ,

Welcome to the forums. I hear how much you are struggling at the moment, it must be an awful and isolating experience managing BPD and self harm without support. SH is something I've used to cope in the past when I was in a dark place as well, so please know you're not alone here. Your feelings of hopelessness are completely understandable.

I'm going to send you an email to check in on you in just a moment, but I hope you feel supported here on the forums as well. 

Heart from cloudcore

Hi @Former-Member 

Welcome to the Sane forums. I hoep you find it a supportive place just like I do.

I too Self Harm quite a bit so can understand where you are coming from.

It is hard to speak to people about our Mental Illnesses but I find on her that there is always someone who can relate to me and understand where I am coming from.

Please feel free to keep expressing how you feel and how you are going,

Hoping to talk soon 

Snowie

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you for your help , l stepped away to tend to my , well wound , also my mobile and laptop were going flat which is why l didnt see what was sent .

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi Snowie,

Thank you , l hope to find some support with all the madness l am feeling right now.

SH has been a go to tactic , l used and are using presently as l cannot regulate my moods or emotions , and also on meds which take away my feelings so , l hurt to feel. I know its not the right way to deal with it all but , as you said its hard to talk to people about mental illness. 

Evanthia

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks

Hey there @Former-Member,

I wanted to pop by and welcome you to the forums and let you know you are also welcome to contact our Help Centre and speak to a counsellor (Mon-Fri, 10am-10pm) on 1800 18 7263.

If you need some support around self-harm, I encourage you to contact a crisis service-

Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467

Lifeline: 13 11 14

I hope you are feeling connected the community. I look forward to seeing you around.

Take care,

Sphinxly 

@Former-Member 

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I hear you.

If you type @ a dropbox will appear and you can tags members and also you type @ and then type in members name if they don't appear in the dropbox.

I wanted to say that you're strong person to deal with a mental issue and I hope you can move forward and find peace and healing in your life. The forum is a supportive and caring place for you to be supported to make changes in your life. Hope to see you in the forum.

@Former-Member 

Welcome to the forums.

As mentioned @Sphinxly already please feel free to reach out to one of the helplines like lifeline to chat to someone. They have been really helpful for me.

In relation to what you have mentioned they are not failings of mental health issues, it is that you have challenges in your life. I have self harmed in the past myself however to keep well I have many strategies that I have developed over time.

sometimes I feel better chatting on the forums than talking to someone so feel free to post here.

sitting with you during this challenging time.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance