Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

HandsomeHalo
New Contributor

Hi loneliness got me here I'm trying to find others who understand not judge. Life has been a journey with more curves than I expected . The only creature I have total faith in is my fur babies ( dogs) they never let me down but hoping to start to rebuild my faith in humans by hearing about how other people learnt to trust again

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New member

Hi @HandsomeHalo 

Welcome to the forum

What are your fur babies names and what breed are they?

and to tag member in a conversation just type@ and drop box will appear or alternatively type @ and type in members that way. 

You have came to the right place, you will find support, non judgement and friendship here. We are all on a similar journey to find more peace and happiness in our lives. I am still learning to trust people and to build relationships- I can relate to how you are feeling. I would suggest to take things slowly when meeting people and to trust your instinct. I hope to see you in the forum.

Thanks for replying my boys are mixed breads both so different Halo is anxious young man he doesn't cope with change and has to be boss Yoshi is a kinder boy but he's really my grand baby his dad moved back home a few years ago but he insists on sleeping with me so I figure he loves me best lol.

As far is meeting new people I don't leave my house these days have a frozen shoulder and had major panic attack last time I drove I live out of town so the best I get is grocery shopping with my son once a fortnight my two close friends have both moved towns so it's just me and the boy's.

Thanks again for your reply hope you have a great day

I've been where you are and have slowly got myself doing things too not be as lonely.

I have a pet bird which helps a little bit, sometimes having an animal isn't enough for me. 

I have a few mental health problems which ive worked on with a psychologist over 25 years.  
I had no trust for anyone, I decided to join a church as I thought most people there won't lie to me which has allowed me to find people that I can trust. Im not saying you should go to church but joining any group you might find that one person who can teach you what trust is, through that you can take your time to feel again which will be painful but it will help you grow, maybe finding a psychologist who you can talk to before you make the next step.

Im not a doctor or anything im speaking about the journey I went through.  (((Hugs))))

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance