Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Leavemealonely
New Contributor

New kid

Hi all, this is my first time posting on the forum, I've been a member of a few groups on fb but to be honest I prefer the anonymity of a forum. 
Basically I've struggled with my mental health since I was 15.. I'm 31 now, medicated since 17 for anxiety & depression & recently have started a review with a new psychologist who thinks that I may have been misdiagnosed (which was my suspicion for a few years now, I come from central west nsw, very small country town & limited services/education on mental health). I'm in a very stressful living situation, with my partner although we are in separate rooms & I'm actively looking to move out. I am really struggling with having a strong support system atm, usually I'm quite introverted and happy with that but I've been trying to reach out to various people for weeks now & I get nothing back. No one wants to make plans or if they do they cancel. Other friends just won't bother keeping in touch when I go out of my way to do so with them. I'm feeling incredibly flat, disheartened that I'm not further along in life than others my age, I'm sad that I can't find somewhere to live that I can thrive & enjoy. Overall just really struggling & given that I'm undergoing the possibility of a new diagnosis over the next few weeks/months I would love to chat to anyone who could offer any advice/support.

much appreciated, sorry for the ramblings x

4 REPLIES 4

Re: New kid

Hi there, 

I'm sorry you're going through so much. This is my first time posting as well, so I understand it may be daunting! It sounds like you've had a difficult time. This is a safe place. 🙂 I can be a virtual support, please feel free to vent. Break ups are so painful. As is living with anxiety and depression. Just know that there are many support services out there that will happily talk to you and hear your story. Do you have any close family members you can stay with for a little while? Just to give you a chance to catch your breath. Make sure you be super gentle and compassionate with yourself. Be kind to yourself. You're already doing so well. You're actively seeking treatment and therapy and trying to better your life. That is amazing! You're reaching out here for support too, so great! You've been through so much. Please know your feelings are valid. Again, I am so sorry you're going through this. I hope you feel much better soon. Just remember, you're not alone. There are people out there that wish to help you. You can do this. 🙂 

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I should have added in there that I have a VERY supportive family network, my mum & sister, and they are very knowledgeable and both work in mental health, so I’m lucky to have a good understanding and insight, but they are interstate & I don’t always tell them when I’m feeling like this, as I don’t want them to worry especially as they can’t be here. (I’m in QLD, covid rules etc)
I have a great job which I’m thankful that I can earn a living but I’m really starting to get down about the fact that I don’t have a solid social network here, and I know no one to even try & network in finding a housemate. I can’t afford anything in my location which means moving further out into areas that I don’t know and are known to be less safe, and I guess that’s definitely adding to the stress. I just feel really flat that no one bothers to check in or make/keep plans with me. I know I’m not a perfect person but I do try with others.

@Leavemealonely @Alex88  Welcome to the forums.

And well done on your first post here.

I’m sorry you are both struggling, and I understand how hard it is. I hope you find the support you need here. So many of us know how hard it is to just keep going.

I will put a few threads you might like to join, but you are welcome to join any conversations.

A forum tip. The @ brings a dropdown, and is how we tag others.

Here are a few threads.

Good Morning 

Good Afternoon - Afternoon Tea 

Daily goals, motivation and check in 

The safe room- somewhere to just come and sit.... offload... feel supported 

Welcome to the forums @Leavemealonely & @Alex88 

I hope you find the help and support you need to help you on the road to acceptance/recovery

There are many many fabulous people here to advis, support and help you om your journey..

Take a look arond the forums, jump in and comment/support any topic... 

You may not always get instant replies to your posts.. but rest assured.. someone is out there somewhere at sometime to chat/support you along the way

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance