Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Ryan3039
New Contributor

Liver and kidney health

The liver can repair it's self yes?? so I hear. Provided of course you are healthy and not hep C postive. And you stop heavy drinking to give yourself half a chance.

I only drink maybe 3-4 glasses of wine a week ( mostly a glass of wine with a benzo to aid sleep after using meth) but I smoke a fair bit of meth.

How bad is meth for your liver? Or your kidney if you only have one kidney

How bad are anti psychotics medication for your liver? Or your kidney if you have only one kidney

I was a alcoholic Amphetamine user between 2002-2012 and was hep C postive for 6 of those years ( 2002-2007)

Yes I was stupid to drink and I was told that could have been enough to condemn me to a early grave but my liver function tests are good now and have been since I cleared hep C in late 2007.

BUT I had a ultrasound back in 2016 & 2018 and I was told my liver is a bit fatty. Not really bad so I was told anyway but still there was signs of damage.

How worried should I be?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Liver and kidney health

hello @Ryan3039  and welcome to the forum 

now each person and each body is different 

I can not tell you want to do with your body , I don't know how old you are either ??

I found out i was born with only one kidney when i was 43 which now i have kidney disease stage 4 , diabetes and arthritis and heading towards dialylsis in the future 

it will not get better BUT I am going to try reaaly hard to not make it worse -- I have been able to stable it at the moment this year 

drinking lotf of water helps , hope you are drinking water too 

how are you felling today , listen to your boby my friend 

Re: Liver and kidney health

Hey @Ryan3039

I'm one of the moderators. Welcome to the forums, it's really brave to ask these questions, I can only imagine what you're wrestling with at the moment. I hope you're able to take these pressing questions to a doctor that you trust.

Members might be able to share their experiences of physical health issues what's helped/not helped, but mostly what we offer is a really supportive peer space. So  If that would be helpful to the journey you're on then I encourage you to have a look around at some different discussions and jump in where you feel comfortable. Or feel free to update us on how you're going here 🌻

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance