Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Olga
Senior Contributor

Let's talk about bipolar

Hi everyone,  I haven't been on the forum for a while but I am reading with great interest all your contributions.  I am very grateful that you are still tagging me. Sending love and best wishes  Olga

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Let's talk about bipolar

Hello @Olga 

Love and best wishes back at you!

Hi

I’m new to this site as I was diagnosed with bipolar today and struggle with how I’m feeling about it. Relief in one way and distressed in another.

I also couldn’t work out how to start a post so googled bipolar and this came up so I thought I would reach out here? Hope that’s ok.

Hi @NewbieBipolar and welcome!

I'm glad you made your way here. I can relate to mixed emotions re diagnosis.

I went undiagnosed for 30 years and when I finally was it took me a year to accept it.

After that I did feel relief and it helped me understand my life and all the years of struggle and feeling different, and like something was wrong.

Give yourself time. It's a big thing to process.

The forum has helped me feel less alone. There are plenty of us here, and it's helpful to know that people get it.

Take care

Hi @Mazarita @Shaz51 @Meowmy @Olga and friends. Hope all's well

Thank you @frog 

im glad to hear it's not just me. I feel so completely wiped out today. Sounds like it might last a while. Luckily my psychologist has a cancellation tomorrow so might be good to talk it through with her if I can drag myself out of bed! 

looking forward to finding my way around the forum and feeling less alone.

whats it like having bipolar ? sorry for asking 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance