Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Lonely-b___h
Casual Contributor

Hi everyone

Hey guys, 

I'm still finding my way around but I'm happy to have found this place...

I've read a few posts and feel like maybe I just need to harden up a bit because I'm just having a pity party for myself really, but... I'm here because the last few weeks I've been feeling very alone and kind of over everything. I guess I'm looking for a friend, or even just a person who listens and maybe just acts like they care? A few other things going on but I guess I'll get to that later....

I'm 27, have two beautifully wild kids and spend most of my time in the garden. 

Have had a bit of a crap upbringing and struggled with heavy substance abuse. I would probably be dead or in jail if I didn't fall pregnant with my son... Changed my life forever ❤️

Most of the time I'm okay just cruising along with life, doing my best to ignore the anxiety and just getting on with things...

Lately I've been thinking a lot about myself and the relationships in my life and I'm questioning who I am and regretting a lot of the things I've done. It gets too much to think about sometimes.

Anyway, look forward to meeting you all around the forum. I hope I can be helpful here too 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hi everyone

@Lonely-b___h  Good to meet you Lonely-b___h  and welcome to the forum. We are a friendly bunch here. No one is judged. Everyone is accepted here :). If you havent checked out  Re: Good Morning!  I would give it a go :). Anyway welcome again and I hope to see you are the forum. Love peax

SJT63
Senior Contributor

@Lonely-b___h  we all host a self-pity party once in a while and that's just fine

I was feeling terribly sorry for myself this time last month, but things move on. Being able to vent my bottom off here helped me enormously.. it's actually the process of writing it all down in a logical order that someone else can follow that I think is the most beneficial.

people here are awsome

Thanks @greenpea, I will definitely check it out today
Peri
Senior Contributor

Hi @Lonely-b___h ,

once you have come here , you are not alone, I know it is a virtual connection, but there will be so many who identify with you.

you are 27 and have turned your life around, that is something to be celebrated. Children are amazingly healing and occupying. You need to congratulate yourself on what you have achieved.. don’t waste too much time regretting things that you can’t now change, and you have moved on.  Feeling alone is awful I agree , but keep gardening, that is a beautiful thing to do and enjoying your wild children  

and keep coming here to say how you feel and are getting on. Anxiety is a bugger, but can be managed

peri

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance