Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

choodie
New Contributor

Hi There

Apprently i have been here before but have no recolection of it so will introduce myself again. 

I was first diagnosed with BPD back in 2004 and completed 18 months of DBT which was a life saver for me. It gave me interpersonal skills i had not had before and the ability to cope in tough situations. Fast forward 15 years of relative stability and a "remission" and I am back in the depths of BPD instability. For the last 5 years at least i have been told i do not have BPD. Today i was officially rediagnosed and am now looking at brushing up on my DBT skillls. I look forward to "Meeting" like minded people here. Feel free to drop by and say hello

Choodie

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hi There

Hi @choodie, I have BPD and have been told I can't do DBT yet due to my trauma history which sucks. But it's nice to have you here on the forums 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @choodie 

I was diagnosed with BPD last year officially and l went to the intake interview for the DBT programme , which l was a suitable candidate , BUT l refused to participate.

I didnt want to be placed in an 18 month program full stop. Which meant l had to give up my current psychologist to see theirs.

SO l said l am not interested, give my place to another person who needs it.

I did my research and it was not the thing for me, l felt it would be a waste of time and continue to speak to current psychologist and psychiatrist and my antidepressant meds to mellow me out.

It may work for some , but not for all of us who suffer from BPD.

Sounds great it was a lifesaver for you and maybe you can do it again .

I am still trying to work out where l am currently and unsure is mainly where l am at.

I wouldnt mind in hearing what you gained from your participation of the programme if you dont mind discussing ???

Hello @Former-Member < @choodie@Fluttershy1 

welcome my friends 

I will tag you @BPDSurvivor@Oaktree@BlueBay 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance