Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

ValiantCoffee7
Casual Contributor

Hello everyone

Hello everyone,

It's nice to be here. I hope you're all well in this new year. Anyway, I joined because I needed to find people that I can be a bit comfortable (and anonymous) with to talk about my/our problems and hopefully find some solidarity here.

I suffer from depression, anxiety, a form of bipolar disorder, extreme loneliness and a couple of other things. I'm not sure if I was supposed to reveal that here, but anyway.

Thank you,

ValiantCoffee7

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Hello everyone

Hey @ValiantCoffee7 

Welcome! It's great that you have found us here. You are certainly allowed to discuss your experience of mental health, including specific diagnoses. In fact, it can be a really good space to share these types of things that may feel a little uncomfortable to share in "real life". 

I hope that you can meet lots of our lovely community members here 🤗

@ValiantCoffee7 

Electricity from magnetic pole variances and frequencies [both manmade and natural] go against our head.

We shape it as the sub, the con and the suss.

It's a shadow that we have to pierce.

There's nothing wrong with you and know that we are all going through this as well okay.

*hug*

Hello @ValiantCoffee7 I like your name. I too live with depression anxiety bipolar disorder and loneliness.  

There are social threads here like Good Morning and Share a cuppa? and support threads like Let`s talk about Bipolar . As you make friends there are spin-offs into personal threads too. It's worth having a look around in the various Lived Experience departments. 

Do you have any particular hobbies or interests? 

All the best

Dimity

Hi and welcome, @ValiantCoffee7 , it's good to have you here 🙂

@ValiantCoffee7 wrote:

...to talk about my/our problems...

I'm wondering if you have alters? 🙂 No worries if you'd rather not say! 

You can type any topic in to the Search bar above to find threads on that topic. 

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I hope you find the forums supportive...

Hi @NatureLover

I'm trying out the 'Quick Reply' and the @ didn't bring anything up, maybe that's only for normal replies?

I'm sorry, I don't know what 'alters' are, do you mean alternative personalities? When I wrote my/our I mean myself and everyone else here.

Thank you for your advice re: the forums.

Edit: I've figured out how to do that @ thing. 😅

Hi @Dimity

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for the forum threads.

My hobbies are mostly reading, playing the piano, some video games, and trying to deal with my problems. There are a few other things I'm interested in trying but we'll see. What about you?

Um err I guess dealing with stuff takes time for me too @ValiantCoffee7 . I'd like to rekindle my interest in reading, music,  gardening, craft. My cat demands attention and is good company. I've hung onto some old study materials that maybe one day I'll get back to. I follow some social and environmental issues and occasionally advocate. Some days are pretty slow.

Well done on getting the tagging right @ValiantCoffee7  🙂

Yes, I did mean alternative personalities, but I also thought you could mean what you did actually mean, all of us here 🙂 That's why I asked. 

I somehow can't make the Quick Reply work well for me, like you said. I always do the Reply instead now.  

Hope you're getting to know the forums and some people here 🙂

Hi @Dimity,

Those are all good things. What sort of study materials have you kept? I've got a bunch of old foreign language books I'd like to go through when I'm able. A lot of days are slow for me, and I feel really bad about that. It's 1:34pm at the moment, and I've barely done anything.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance