Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Former-Member
Not applicable

Feedback for SANE

Your referral process is unacceptable. It's unnecessarily long and complicated. ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS TO CHECK MY ELIGIBILITY. But you make it impossible to do so online. DISGRACEFUL. In fact, the referral process was so bad that I rang Lifeline after completing your stupid, puerile questions. You clearly have no idea of how to interact with vulnerable people with severe mental health problems. You're a f**king disgrace and you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Feedback for SANE

Hi @Former-Member ,

I'm sorry you experienced frustration when checking your eligibility. I believe you are referring to the Guided Service? https://www.sane.org/referral

To check you eligibility, click on 'Check your eligibility":

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 11.25.43 am.png

Next, if you are over 18, type in your postcode. If you are NOT eligible, you will see this screen:

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 11.26.39 am.png

If you ARE eligible, you will see this screen to proceed to "Register Now":

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 11.26.53 am.png

You are more than welcome to submit a formal complaint via https://www.sane.org/about-sane/policies/feedback-and-complaints-policy so that this can me taken up with management.

Once again, I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused.

Kindest, tyme

Former-Member
Not applicable

This forum is f**ked. I just typed out a long reply to you only to have it erased when the page did a f**king auto-refresh and everything was lost. A bunch of trained chimpanzees could design a better forum than SANE. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Btw, what you described is WRONG. The eligibility check does NOT pop up like that. A bunch of trained chimpanzees could design a better eligibility check than the half-wits at SANE. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Finally, I did lodge a complaint. IT WASN'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED. Disgusting. What an extremely cruel and insensitive way to treat a very vulnerable and sick person.

Former-Member
Not applicable

SANE have chosen to act in a thoughtless, appalling manner with total disregard for myself as a person or my circumstances.

Perhaps it's a tech issue? You can try deleting cookies if that helps @Former-Member . It seems to be working for me and others who have successfully registered. This is the first we have heard it doesn't not work. 

Sorry for your frustration. As I said, happy for you to direct your complaint via our feedback and complaints form.

Alternatively, you can email team@sane.org, and a moderator can step you through the process.

Former-Member
Not applicable

No, it's NOT a tech issue. I'm not stupid – it's the fault of SANE. It has nothing to do with clearing cookies. Stop trying to blame me and act as an apologist for SANE. And, as I already told you, I did submit a complaint which was ignored. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

And I don't need or want a damn moderator to hold my hand and 'step me through the process'. I'M NOT STUPID SO CEASE TREATING ME AS SUCH. Due to the insensitive nature of your comments, I won't be replying further. 

No worries @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance