Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

EgaleWhale
Contributor

Depression

I get really depressed. I don't know what to do anymore.

18 REPLIES 18
Owen45
Senior Contributor

Re: Depression

I have been living with, and managing my depression for many years.  Just got to accept I will never get rid of it because of my current trauma life and no support.  Just got try and manage it day by day.  I am not on meds and not under the care of a doctor (psychiatrist).  Owen.

How long have you been feeling this way?

Hi @EgaleWhale 

What don't you want to do about your depression? or opposed to looking for what to do. 

Hi @EgaleWhale ,

Sorry to hear things are tough. Do you have any supports you can reach out to at this time?

And hi @Owen45 , I feel a little sad that you feel you need to live with depression for the rest of your life. Some people label types of depression as 'treatment resistant'. I somehow don't quite agree and see it more that the consumer hasn't yet found the support they need and deserve.

@EgaleWhale @Owen45 , you deserve the very best. Don't give up. You are worthy to live a satisfying life. Keep holding on.

BPDSurvivor

Hi @EgaleWhale , I'm sorry to hear. Depression is the worst. 

Can I ask if you have any professional support? E.g. a trusted GP /meds /a psychologist or psychiatrist? 

Thanks EgaleWhale for your reply.  No, unfortunately no support out there, even though I have tried to reach out.  I will just take things day by day and keep connecting on Sane Forums. Regards, Owen.

Owen45
Senior Contributor

You are not alone, I can identify. I am depressed 24/7, even more so now in lockdown.  I try to find daily activities to reduce impact of my depression. 

I am right here with you atm.

It's extremely hard for ppl who don't understand how debilitating this can be. 

I haven't eaten properly in days, I can barely function besides sleeping.

And I can't shake it .

Sending hugs

Hi @EgaleWhale and @me_myself_I  I hope you find the forum welcoming. I'm in a similar space depression wise atm. It helps me to know it's not just me.

@Owen45this is good: 'I try to find daily activities to reduce impact of my depression'. I am going to write down some ideas for myself. Sometimes it's a day at a time, and hour at a time, the next few minutes.

Hello @NatureLover @BPDSurvivor

Welcome @EmberDragonfly cool name

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance