Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Roos
New Contributor

Depression and PTSD

Hello. I have joined this group because i have been diagnosed with clinical depression and PTSD. Im not sure what else to say.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Depression and PTSD

Hi @Roos and welcome!

Sunday is pretty quiet in forumland but here's a few threads you might want to check out

Good Morning 

Good Afternoon - Afternoon Tea 

Daily goals, motivation and check in 

The safe room- somewhere to just come and sit.... offload... feel supported 

The-Community-Garden 

You can use the search bar to find more

There's heaps of friendly people here who like to chat and help out.

First diagnosis, lost for words,difficult to get your head around it.       Head for your local library,read up all you can on both problems. Write down questions you want answered,ask the forum.. Some one will be able to give you an answer, from their experiences of those very same mental illnesses.   It is life changing  .    Dont look on the down side,try changes,like new diet, new friends, different way of thinking,a new learning curve.    Dont let it throw,just think of it as another hill you have to climb,another hickup. You will manage to live with it, just need some education from others who have been there.   Those two mental health difficulties are both a right pain in the neck,but never give up.. There is always someone on SANE forum who will read your enquiry and help you to try to find your way through it.  Regards   jay2

Hey @Roos

I'm one of the moderators, just wanted to jump in and say welcome 😊 Very glad you have reached out here after receiving those diagnoses. I hope the support and connection here can help you navigate this news. 

Please ask any questions of us moderators by typing @Former-Member and put an @ in front of a member's name if you want them to get a notification of your post. It can be helpful to look at the community guidelines too. 

It's great to have you here, see you around 🌻

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance