Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome and getting started

tyme
Community Lead

Hello hopesearcher

Hi @hopesearcher ,

Welcome to the forums. I've created this thread for you.

Feel free to share a little about yourself.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hello hopesearcher

Hey guys,

New here and not sure how to use the forums/programs yet - but would love to learn how to get regular telephone help. 

Basically I’ve had anxiety for over twenty years, but it’s gotten a lot worse lately to the point I’m often frozen in fear and can’t do even the simplest of things like check an email. Sometimes even a shower feels impossible. I have zero motivation.

I also never feel like doing anything but also want to do something at the same time.

As I’ve found sitting at home just makes my anxiety worse - but trying to find things to do outside (usually a walk) each day is getting harder and harder… to the point I end up sitting at home getting worse and worse as the hours fly by and I’m still in my room scrolling on my phone - achieving nothing. 

I’m finally starting work again soon so I’m hoping that helps. As I’m also very lonely. 

But I’m currently struggling hard with anxiety, no longer feel joy, and am always uncomfortable. Unfortunately I can’t just sit at home gaming or watching TV. 

I also suffer from health anxiety. Sometimes it’s okay but sometimes if I have some sort of symptom I think the absolute worst. 

I also have a lot of rubbish thoughts of the past, as I once had a successful life but now I’m barely surviving financially, and beat myself up for ending up being such a failure.

I really want to get out of this cycle to feel at least safe or peaceful again. Even if joy is out of reach. 

Thanks all. 

Hello hopesearcher

I’m a newbie here too and I’ve just seen your post.  I can relate to some of your situation, as in the past I’ve been in a better financial situation than I am now too, and really it’s my own doing. But because of not knowing how to manage it, my long standing depression and anxiety, and no family support I am where I am now.  But I do have a secure place to live (although I don’t like it) and some other practical benefits so I keep reminding myself it’s not all bad.

I hope you are able to do that too. And you are starting work again too.  Congratulations on being able to do that - that is a great achievement for you.

Please tell yourself positive affirmations as often as you can.  Take deep breaths, close your eyes and say your affirmations keeping your eyes closed long enough to sense the affirmations right down to your toes -  write a few down in big letters and stick them to your bathroom mirror, on the fridge door, the wall beside your bed and other conspicuous places.

It will take some time, but I do wish you at least some success in a little while and then lots more to come. xxx

Sorry for a “nothing” reply, but anxiety totally freezing me today. But thank you for taking the time to reply and provide so many helpful suggestions. 

Lula_0-1724565881313.jpeg

Hey @hopesearcher , totally okay if you don't have anything to reply. Know that we are thinking of you and hope things improve.

Hi @Lula @hopesearcher ,

How are you both?

I go between anxiety and depression. 

Not a fantastic place to be. 

But start new job next week so hope that helps. 

But it’s Sunday morning and I’m also stuck between wanting to do something but also not wanting to do something. I can’t wait to be back to enjoying things. As constantly have low motivation - as well as health anxiety.

I can't wait to start the SANE program and hopefully find some peace or comfort, rather than feeling like a complete failure. 

As I also have the problem of thinking everybody else is killing life while I just keep on failing. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance