Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday - 24/02/15: This is your chance to be heard!! Contribute your experiences into medication and mental illness.

My issue with medication from a primary carers perspective is being left out of the conversation by MH workers and the dr's.

When mum is at her worst she is unable to self administer her medications. This is when I organise for a visiting team to mums home. Even after explaining I will be administering mums meds because she is too unwell, that I have power of attorney etc the visiting MH team have never in the past 24 years seen or acknowledge me as a carer. Very frustrating. So my offering would be for MH workers et al to be trained in the importance with including family and carers in the recovery process.

Re: Topic Tuesday - 24/02/15: This is your chance to be heard!! Contribute your experiences into medication and mental illness.

Hi everyone,

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to the Topic Tuesday this week. We have some great responses from you guys, and it is REALLY appreciated.

Just so you all know, the feedback you guys have given us is being collated at this very moment. ARAFMI NSW is already compliling a report for the MSW Mental Health Commission that is solely based on the views that you guys have given us.

Other organisations that were involved in this were BEING (formally CAG, COnsumer Advisory Group) and Mental Health Carers Arafmi Australia.

If you want to read more about what the information is being used for, click here.

Thanks once again to everyone and we will keep you updated with the results!!

Hobbit.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance