Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

AK100
Contributor

Where to start

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Where to start

Hi @AK100 .

What's on your mind today? 

Hi @utopia,
I'm just lonely I guess. Had a difficult life but this week I'm stressing cause my periodic rental has just sold and I've been given notice 😞 It's overwhelming me, don't know how I'm gonna do it. Been here years. Stress makes my anxiety depression worse and moving is stressful, and I have chronic fatigue & no money. My dr advised me to to build my support network, so I thought I'd start online here. How long have you been on sane forums?

@AK100  Wow,  moving is right up there on the list of stress.  I wonder if you have a case manager or psychologist who could help you with trying to locate a new home. 

I think I've been on SANE for almost 3 years. 

I came out of my first inpatient stay due to my suicidal thoughts,  and I'd heard about this site and thought I'd give it a go.  I find it really good,  because I'm home most of the time with no one to talk to. 

I've made some very close friends here.  May sound strange when we all have to be anonymous.  But we support each other through the good and bad times.  And some people I just clicked with. 

I haven't been on here much though for the past 6 months or so.  Been struggling and hibernating.  But I've been trying to make an effort lately to get back on here at least twice a week. 

Have you had a look around the Forum?  There are social threads like Friday Feast,  where we all sit down at home and share our meals over the forum.  Lots of chatting and good will.  There are threads where people catch up for a coffee and chat.  Others that are all about Art,  or Cats or Birds.  So many different ones. 

Lots of serious threads too.  A great place to start is Introduce Yourself.  It's a gentle way to meet others. 

You can post your own thread,  as you've done,  or you can jump on anyone else's thread and simply join in the conversation. 

I hope to see you around the forum in the next few weeks. 

Thanks @utopia, you make the forums sound so easy. Guess 3yrs ya old hat at it lol. Glad ya come out of hiding to give a bit back
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance