Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Anon4
Senior Contributor

Trigger management

OK so 20 years after realising my emotions could do with some stabilising, I've come to accept that I should probably do something about that.

I'm as impressed as you are. Gold star for me.

Tonight I got triggered because who needs to feel safe in objectively safe surrounds when they could freak out and lose emotional touch with reality? Not me, apparently.

What do y'all do with Big (and Little) Feelings when you're pretty convinced you're not worth the resources to live much less thrive?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Trigger management

You don't deserve judgment and pressure on yourself for feeling like that in the situation sis, your mind and your body are probably doing a bunch of things to protect you cas it has your back! 🙂 resources and motivation for the future to me at least are exactly like riding the waves of a panic attack or an emotion break down, it is a strong surge and sometimes you feel like you are going to jump of the bloody surfboard or the wave might just eat you but the wave can be ridden out and if so it can be pretty knarly dude! 
I struggle with this also but things that i find help are the things that I honestly enjoy like little hobbies and stuff to get back to yourself and soul, self care, nature, self love  

@Anon4  Welcome.

You are worth every resource available. Just like any other.

Sadly though, I do understand where you are coming from. Follow the thoughts of doing something about getting some stability. Your GP is a good place to start, unless you already have a therapist.

Take care.

Firstly, WELL DONE for reaching out for help!

Second, YOU ARE WORTH IT. You're worth every resource this world can offer you.

I've been through over 2 full blown nervous break downs. Trauma, mood disorder, personality disorder, psychosis, suicidal twice. So I get triggers and emotions.

The main thing to address here is how you look at yourself.

'When you're pretty convinced you're not worth the resources to live, much less thrive?'.

This is the negatives taking over, making you think less of yourself.  Please be aware that these negative thoughts, are not what we want to live by. When we live in negative thoughts, our triggers and emotions are much greater and more uncontrollable. Because it's not the perspective we should be living with. Self worth or lack of, is a huge contributing factor to all mental health.  The mainly toxic society we've all grown up in, basically teaches us to feel worthless and judged.  Human nature and media can be very nasty and manipulative in twisting how we view our self worth.

It is so easy to indulge in these thoughts and adapt it to how we function, without even realising it.  Negative wants us to feel trapped and gives a false sense of feeling comfortable. But we must resist the urge to self loath, stay too comfortable, and stop working on ourselves.  The negative makes us put up false fronts usually made up of justified behaviours to cover up the mess inside. But this way is not sustainable, it is not healthy. Some go through life like this. Others let it get to them, and struggle to see how to live anymore.
Your triggers and emotions might be trauma based. A trigger stems back to a memory, feeling or emotion most likely attached to something traumatic, or something you haven't let go. A negative you can't move past, or haven't forgiven. Holding on to these things is very toxic. I know from experience.  But you may not even realise what memory or negative is triggering off your emotions.

This is where acceptance and forgiveness comes into play.  You need to make peace with the past, peace with yourself, love yourself.  You may need professional help with this, or maybe a spiritual or holistic route may help you more.

I hope this helped, please don't think you are only worth a statistic. I know for myself that God puts his best through life's trials for the sole purpose of conditioning, for what he has waiting for us around the corner.  Just like this forum, I joined today, with your post in it, so I can help people with my experience. This is how I see life now, it's a much more positive reality. And I don't ever aim to go back to the place that lead me to leaving this world. 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance