Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Powderfinger
Senior Contributor

Songs and their meaning.

https://youtu.be/uEWXasXgCDg 

For those who care to feel into my purpose for this post. 

Music has always been important to me. Ever since I was very little. It still is as important to me at 41. It saved my life many times I feel. 

This song, I sent to the downright evil ex a while back. I sent it to her to let her know that I didn't care anymore what rubbish and lies she was telling people in her circle about me and furthermore I knew she was doing it. I sent it to let her know that she was a waste of my time and I had better things to do with my time. I sent it to her to let her know that one day her people she called her friends would come to know the truth about her one day and her false world she created will come crashing down around her. The ones that never give out, is because they are just like her. Narcissistic and evil. 

I sent it to her as a message to just get out of my way, and not to bother me with her crap anymore. 

I sent it because I truly gave up giving a damn what happened to her and the people around her. She was evil and twisted. Literally. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Songs and their meaning.

Hi @Powderfinger
Songs and their meanings are so powerful and can be healing. Music is universal..

I am the same - songs and music have had a huge impact on my life. I have had many bad relationships and nowadays tend to focus on the blessings in those relationships rather than the endings - even one person I had a relationship with wrote a song about me that was a love song, but after we broke up they said they had changed the lyrics but I just still remember it as a fond memory.
These days I'm about power anthems.. a song I love is the greatest love of all by Whitney Houston - strength and love. What is yours?

@pinklollipop15 

I love people who love music. I must say I have an obsession with it. I don't think in this case it's a bad obsession. I can talk about music till the cows come home. I definitely agree that music is universal. One of the very few things that unite instead of divide. 

You appear to be positive minded about your bad relationships. I cannot be the same. Some but very few. Most of my relationships have been heavily abusive. I suffer from severe trauma and am quite damaged as a person. 

Whitney Houston is amazing, was amazing. I love a lot of her music. I'm pretty sure the song you love is actually about the person themsves being the greatest love of all to themselves. It is a beautiful song. 

Oh, it is way to hard for me to have a favourite. I listened to a lot of pearl jam today. I do love that band. I listened to them alot in my teenage years and still love them today. Most of their older stuff though. 

Oh yes.. Last Kiss was a classic although a sad song..
Yeah I have quite eccletic tastes will listen to most genres.
Yes Whitney Houston is amazing. I listen to her music some days on repeat. It makes me feel inspired and strong. And yes I find the same meaning - its about self-love.
I am sorry to hear that you have suffered severe trauma and feel you are quite damaged as a person. Are you or have you talked to counsellors about this?
I have had Guy Sebastian on repeat today (in fact for many weeks) I love standing with you. Have a listen - let me know what you think!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance