Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Sister Withdrawing

Yes, that's it. Its like they've got you over a barrel.

Oops, something broke, betta check, broken glass not safe around here. Check in later. Thank you
Former-Member
Not applicable

@silhouette  I usually tag so you know I have replied. You can also tick on the "email when someone replies box" that way you will get a message if anyone replies and your notification button will light up even if you are not tagged. You can also go back a page and return to next page.

As carers it is very difficult to know where to put "boundaries" in place - these are relationship rules that help protect ones heart.  Being a carer can be very draining as things are so often out of our control and our loved ones often do not realise how demanding things are for us.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@silhouette

Attending to broken things

*sighs - another thankless task

c48c542674e0d716435a1ddf28c3b940.jpg

I don't think that there is a carer on this forum who has not felt taken for granted - you are in the company of friends here.  I find when things start to get me down, one thing I can do is look up some comedy on youtube to help lift my spirits. 

I will be heading to bed about 10pm so won't be around too much longer - need all the beauty sleep I can get.

Former-Member
Not applicable

How are you this morning @silhouette?

Hi @Former-Member, sorry I've not checked in for a while. I hope you & yours are well?/My sis has her own place now, she's in a slump I think because the house is a mess, her haor's a mess, shower recess not used in a week, and the fridge is bare and she's in her PJ's three days now...
What can we do? She won't go to Dr
Said shell double her antidepressant herself and go later. So frustrating.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yikes  @silhouette does your sister have a treating team that you could contact?

Have you been able to get your own place tidied since  she moved out?

"Held to ransom" by our son today when we had to go out, with bought tickets, and he just wouldn't get up, showered, dressed to go, until we were very late (it shortened our time there rather than it being a session with a start time) ..... so frustrating .... but I also know that it is misdirected emotional pain that is causing him to behave this way.  He hasn't heard back from uni yet regarding the next round of make-or-break sumissions and is not coping - so the shower slides, sleep goes into the wrong time span, meals and emotional eating are all over the place, and he struggles to wake up when he has been sleeping ..... so tickets or no tickets, when there is zero energy and zero motivation happening .... it just doesn't happen.

Thankfully he did eventually pull it together, and it was worth going, but I tell ya ..... I am a shade lighter grey .....

Feeling for you @silhouette, so much.  As far as I am aware, we are not dealing with si here.  Son is fairly open in his communications with me, and I believe (hope) he is not struggling with that, or sh other than substantial weight gain and self-saboutaging personal behaviours.

With D3 anxiety and depression emerge as psychosomatic disorders.

I hope your sister turns a corner with it soon.  My kids appreciate my concern, but keep telling me that it is up to them, and they will step up when they are ready to .... which they do ..... but it is so hard to sit on my hands as a supportive by-stander, and interestingly, they will push each other in ways they ask not to be for themselves, and are then passive-resistant with each other in response ..... when they are not getting on like good friends that is ..... :face_with_rolling_eyes:.  It's so hard to keep your own emotions from rollercoasting in response to what they are doing when you care about them so much.

Hugs ..... 💜🌹

@Former-Member

Hi there, it’s been a while since I was here. Hope you’re all holding together. Poor you Faith-and hope, don’t envy you situation, you got your hands full. 

I’m ok, never much good at ‘playing house’ but yes, things are easier since sis got her own place. Not that she’s fully independent- but distance is helpful in some ways. Find myself worried more though, sometimes, not knowing. 

She gets withdrawn which is a danger sign. Pushes people away with her overreactions a lot, having said that, people lack understanding and pray on her vulnerabilities a lot it seems. She’s frightened of being alone so puts up with it. 

Just popping in to say hi really. Catch up a little.

thanks for your posts

@Former-Member, @Faith-and-Hope

Good to see you @silhouette 👋💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance