Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

Hi @Shaz51 

This is a big deal - I guess you have known that this time would come - your mother is very frail and having joint replacement surgery could sap her self-confidence

Your health has been stressed through all of this and it would be easier for you to have your mother having 24/7 care - and this isn't selfish at all if your mother is ready to go into to supported care

Tough decisions though - and you think your mother might be developing dementia and this would be tougher to work through - but if she is ready to go into care - then she is ready - and the time you spend with her will be quality care

All the best from your second Mum

Dec

hello my wonderful friends @Former-Member , @Jacques 

and my second mum @Owlunar 

we have a big meeting in the morning , fingers crossed and hoping everything will work out for thr best

asked my aunty ( mum`s sister ) to be there with us

Mum was good today , tomorrow is another day xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Will be thinking of you @Shaz51 

Thinking of you @Shaz51  with all you have going on. 

thank you @Determined , @Former-Member 

sending you hugs and hope you are ok and stay strong xoxo

I wish your family the best @Shaz51  - this is not an easy time for a family

I know you will all have your mother's best interests at heart - she has been battling for a long time and now perhaps really does need more help that you can give her - but still somehow inside herself doesn't want to admit it

And you must consider your health as well - and Mr Shaz needs you at the best you can be - we all do

Sending my best thoughts

Dec

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Shaz51 

Been thinking of you today.

And you must consider your health as well - and Mr Shaz needs you at the best you can be - we all do --- very true my amazing second mum @Owlunar 

this afternoon was to reasurring  my darling Mr shaz -- my poor darling , soo much going on and to tell him that everything is ok is hard

but with my love , mr shaz is right again now xoxo

we are looking forward to a week holiday in May which will be what  we need xxx

meeting went well this morning @Former-Member , things are under way for mum to go home with help including me and my aunty xxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Shaz51 

Please don't ever underestimate what a beautiful person you are.

mr shaz has the music up very loud tonight @Former-Member , @Owlunar , @Determined , @Jacques , @Sophie1

having leftover pizza for dinner

found out some secrets from my cousin today about my mum , which I kinda knew but now i know

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance