Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

SJT63
Senior Contributor

Need input.. TW:SI

He often threatens me with it when I don't comply and always brings it up if I try to talk to him about his behaviour towards me.

I know he has tried in the past, before he met me or he wouldn't be on the experimental drug program they have him on. I doubt it's working because he doesn't take it as prescribed.

However, my question is this. My understanding is that while is is talking about it and sharing his outrageous ideas for how to achieve it I don't need to be as worried as I should be if he suddenly stops talking about is and seems calm and resolved.

Is that true or should I continue to worry when he is using the threat as my punishment?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Need input.. TW:SI

Hey there @SJT63 I am sorry to hear about what you're experiencing with your loved one here this sounds like a very challenging situation. Am I right that your loved one threatens to harm themselves if you don't comply with them? This is a common issue sometimes and whilst it sounds like you're loved one is struggling, it can be a very unkind thing to do ongoing. In addition to our forums, I would really encourage you to book a confidential call with one of our counsellors at the SANE Help Centre Heart They can provide tailored strategies and insight on how to manage this as well as our forum community. 

Re: Need input.. TW:SI

@nashy  I have sent them an email so we might try and arrange a time to talk, thanks.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance