Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Life after treatment for bipolar disorder

@Cloud9  ^^^

Hi @Berry 

I so hear your emotions and am in a similar place myself.

I cry so much for the 'loss' of my partner ...... he is so focused on business deals and speeding through life leaving chaos behind him that he is often oblivious to me being here.

It is a grief we are dealing with and it is a lonely road but important to create a support network for ourselves. 

Stay connected as much as you cN

@Cloud9 

Medication = yikes

Some patients are fortunate enough to get good symptom relief first go, but for the most it can be trial and error.  Since becoming unwell my husband has been given 16 different meds (not all together), since his BPii Dx he has been slowly tapered off his crisis meds. He is now discontinuing another due to medical necessity as he reached a monitoring threshold on an adverse .event.

hi Dunks,

would like to encourage you to not giving up on your husband.

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia when I was 32. I had 3 episodes in the last 10 years but I am getting better and better of managing it.

You just have to keep getting up when you are knocked down. Don’t give up and believe in him. 🙂

Cloud

@cloud
I hear you and do try.

hello @Cloud9 , @cloud , @Berry , @Dunks  thinking of you today , here for you and sending you hugs HeartHeart

hello @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance