Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Modelzen
Casual Contributor

Is there any space for me?

From stigma to medication side effects, all seem to be a weight that is pulling the world around me away. Hi I'm schitzoaffective!

constantly and all through my life I feel I have chased down the epic life for me. And I am happy! wife and a daughter, a house.

the day to day grind, it hasn't helped I haven't worked since being out of hospitilisation, but a never ending thought" that a gap needs to be filled". Hobbies, work and social seem to be missing some synergies that pull my universe together. I need to work on myself, but how? I would like a career, but how? I would like some friends and hobbies, but how?

The model citizen, we with MHI class on ourselves as nice! But when this picture of nice is compromised where do we look? when episodes have the better of us, when the outside world over flows our cup!

I have a disorder on my health record, how does this put a water mark on the world!

9 REPLIES 9
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Is there any space for me?

Hello and welcome @Modelzen  if you use the @ symbol a drop down box will appear you can type in a few letters to tag others so they will be notified and can respond like I did with you.

please read the guidelines and have a look around the forum and join in with the conversations. 
takecare always-hope

Can relate so much to what ur saying. It was like reading my own words. I'm here if u wana chat 

@Modelzen @Sam11  Welcome to the forums.

I think you might find many of us here who understand. Sometimes, that’s what helps to keep us going. Knowing we are not alone, even when it feels very much that way.

Take a look around and join in where you feel comfortable.

Good morning  is a good thread to meet a few others.

Thank you for your support.

At times I think it's just me. Not going ahead with the things that I love, but then I look back and realise I am so fearful at starting something and not finishing it, because of MHI being submitted into hospital etc that I don't start them at all.

I have had many a great thought about starting entrapraneur type ideas that time has drifted them away!

I guess it is better off trying than not trying at all!

Hey mate. Here if u wana chat

@Modelzen 

hey mate, here if u wana chat, ur post resonated with what I'm going through too. 

@Sam11
Cheers
I look back and I have done some amazing things that I call real experience. I think getting out there in spite of what happens is all it's about.
With work I find I need a "worth" job something where I can make a difference, however as days, months and years go by, it becomes pushed aside for maybe never going to happen.

Hey.

man I feel what your saying about work. Exact same situation for me. and then being stuck with no job to focus on just drives u crazy. 

Hi mate sorry for the delay but if you still want to talk I am available 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance