Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

I really don't know what to do

i can't sleep, been up since 2am. Felt like this for, well it doesn't matter.

just feel like I need to see a GP but know there is no point has I know I will be wasting their time.  I can't rest, been and over done things. I know it's my MI. But I don't want to take medication, since being discharged from the clinic I feel lost. No support now. I let's face it, if they can't give you a script what's the point in going?  Theirs nothing they are able to do? Sorry I can't think to write. Just need to get it out.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: I really don't know what to do

Have you been to your GP Dr recently? I know how hard it is with pain in my crushed leg and they blame it on PTSD diagnosed before I crushed my leg I cannot walk on since 8 yrs and 2 mths ago. I tried accupuncture on a pension it was $60 and well worth it for sleep, have you tried that? Or visit your GP Dr for a care plan and maybe it would be cheaper to try holistic medicine it truly does work and is worth it 🙂 Plz know you are not alone 🙂 I too feel alone like nobody understands, try mediatation music it helps, look at the HZ frequency tyoe ones 174hz = pain and others if you google them help with sleep and healing issues they truly have helped me 🙂

Hi @Former-Member 

I am sorry you are going through such a hard time at the moment but glad you felt comfortable enough on here to get it out.

If you need to see a GP please go. In no way are you wasting their time. You deserve to be heard and helped as much as anyone else.

Do you have any other sort of support like a psych and/or a pdoc?

Please keep eaching out on here hun, we are here to support you.

Take care of you

Snowie 💕

Hi Always-hope, I hope you get some rest. It seems after we leave the clinic we don't want to ask for help, but we need to, make sure you are caring for yourself and see a GP. Also try try https://youtu.be/fgChzlOt3XIthe Brahma Kumari's for meditation and free online group discussions and meetings for healing. Stay safe 🙋

Thank you @Snowie  No I suffer panic attacks with medical appointments so hadn't been to see a regular GP for a long time as mine left to go back to live in the UK late last year. Although not long since had to see one and found out I had been born with a rare heart defect, but that was at a different Drs and haven't been back since. I am 60 now and still living! 

I was attending a community Mental health clinic for a year but that stopped dead at my last appointment. So no, I don't a a P.doc or psychologist etc as I was told that my aspects of Paranoia (which has not been brought up as something to work on) was not working for me in therapy....lack of trust.

i couldn't cope with anymore criticism anymore, was very depressed and felt like I wasn't able to phone my case manage as I asked for something to get me to sleep as I could not sleep at all. This was refused. They know I don't like taking any medication not even paracetamol and I am not on any mental health meds and until recently been good. I had cancelled two appointments had to get away just couldn't handle anything. 

This didn't go down well with them.  

Just feeling really lost and need help but know now there isn't any.  

Really sorry for all of this.  I really struggle talking about myself and feel bad for not being able to open up like others.  I managed to get an hour and a half sleep so my mind is clearer ATM. 🌻

Thank you you @Ellie68  it must be awful to be in struggling with your leg. Nerve pain as well as bone/tissue damage would be a struggle for you. I will look into what you have recommended, so pleased for you that it helps. 💗

Glad you got some sleep @Former-Member 

It is hard when we have a good gp and then they go elsewhere, hard to find a good gp these days who is knowledgeable about mental health.

Sorry that you feel there is no help available for you.

We are always here to help you however.

Sleep is VERY important. I remember when I first had my breakdown/psychosis I got literally 5 minutes of sleep when they changed my meds. It was a horrible. I'm just sharing my experience

@Taz1  thank you for sharing your experience with me.  Still not sleeping more than a few hours which is not altogether, but I know from experience it will change. Just don't like the next phase.  Unfortunately I reached out (which I don't,....unlike on here?) and asked for something to help get me to sleep and I now know I shouldn't have. 

Take care🌸

Former-Member
Not applicable

Took a melatonin tonight  it's 2.50am and been awake more than asleep!

babysitting day later on, hope I have the energy.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance