Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

16sundayz
Contributor

Hypnosis

I don't suppose anyone here could help me? I've been talking to my psychologist lately about him doing hypnosis to help me relax more in sessions and not get so anxious that I end up dissociating and "freezing up" as he calls it.

The thing is I have no idea what questions or so to get it started. I do know that I'd like to be less anxious and less triggered which then in turn causes the freezing up and dissociating but I don't know how to get through even the beginning of it at the relaxing stage for him to continue going deeper in to it.

Any advice would be really appreciated. He said we can start it when I want to and I asked him can we start at the next appointment which is August 13th.

3 REPLIES 3
Ali11
Community Builder

Re: Hypnosis

Hi @16sundayz, unfortunately, I don't have experience with hypnosis, however, it's best to make the decision as informed that you can be. Is it possible to write down questions for your therapist to answer regarding this treatment? You can even ask how the session will start and what the process will be.  

Ali11
Community Builder

Hi @16sundayz, unfortunately, I don't have experience with hypnosis, however, it's best to make the decision as informed that you can be. Is it possible to write down questions for your therapist to answer regarding this treatment? You can even ask how the session will start and what the process will be.  

Hey @16sundayz I've had hypnosis before with my old psychologist. She was trying to do it to find the 'root cause' of my past traumas, as I wouldn't open up to her in sessions. I know I wouldn't recommend it for illnesses such as mine (schizophrenia) as it can exacerbate hallucinations and help feed delusions (as it did with me and other people I know with the illness). 

Just make sure you have all your questions answered before doing it and make sure you're super comfortable with your therapist.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance