Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Flying_Hams
Community Guide

Hi

Not feeling good at all 😕 

399 REPLIES 399
oceangirl
Senior Contributor

Re: Hi

Hi @Flying_Hams 

Whats happening my friend?

hi @oceangirl

- Uni is bad because they just copy content from the internet and ask us questions. It's a waste of time. This semester the subject I am doing is hard. Idk if I can do it

- Work is boring because covid made so much of what we were doing impossible. Now it's a fight to find work. Sucks. PLus I feel like they don't like me

- my internship was going well until the last few weeks where I feel I am being ignored

- I hate lockdown

- i hate covid

- I am bored and feel like a loser

just all these thoughts come up. I said to my psych last week I wanted to try and be better to myself but idk how I am going to manage that anymore.
oceangirl
Senior Contributor

@Flying_Hams I hear you. I know lockdown is hard for you- just try to pace yourself. I am sure you will do great with uni- small chunks of information and try to enjoy your days. Good self care and looking after you. I have struggled with anxiety for the last week- I hate it. 

hopefully @oceangirl
thanks for sticking by me
Judi9877
Community Guide

Hi there @Flying_Hams 

I'm sad to hear you're not doing the best. That's not great to hear forumite friend😢. I see you're having trouble with uni. I know it's hard when they don't seem to care about the content- I had a class this period where all the lecturer wanted was for us students to learn the sections that were relevant to our assessments and that was it, despite there being more to the subject than just essay assessment content. Suffice to say, that subject and uni in general have now parted ways. I'm only sticking to Tafe and even then one of my teachers knows hardly anything about human rights and politics yet somehow teaches it which makes things hard for me to deal with!

As for work, that's disappointing that things have slowed down due to Covid-19. Life is hard when there are limited shops open yet to not have any work or much work must be really hard.

What can I say about lockdown except to say look after yourself and try and do something in the day that is rewarding for you. I've been with 5 lockdowns and I'm learning more about myself with each one I endure. I don't approve of them but have just acccepted that this is life at the moment and I'm not in charge of Victoria to change the outcome. That might happen in November next year when Victoria votes again but I'm not hopeful of the Liberals/ Nats getting in down here as they don't seem strong enough to win power. That's my view at least. I could be wrong but I doubt it. 

Please stay strong forumite friend. Utilise the coping strategies that you have and please ask for help if you need it. I've had to enlist a psychologist on my team to help me deal with lockdown issues and I've found them to be very helpful to me. I'm now even taking time out to do some mindfulness and have downloaded the Calm app on my phone to help me chill out. It's weird but it is actually working and I'm enjoying it.

Take care!

Judi9877👍💐

Hi @Flying_Hams 

Sorry to hear you have been struggling lately with all the pressures and things that seem out of control. As you know, the forum members are always here to support you during such times and hopefully circuit break some of the stress and frustration you are feeling. 

Continue to stay in touch!

NiteKat (mod)

oceangirl
Senior Contributor

@Flying_Hams I am sure things will improve for you. Anytime Hams

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Hello @Flying_Hams hope your feeling better soon ,sorry that things are stressfull sending good vibesHeart

frog
Community Elder

Hi @Flying_Hams I hope you are feeling a bit better today. It's hard when things aren't going well on multiple fronts. I am also covid weary, working from home weary - my normal tasks just don't fit the wfh situation. Is there a way you can have something in your day to look forward to? I'm taking my hour of freedom to walk to the postbox lol. After work I'm going to watch tv. Not wildly exciting, but a break from the other stuff. Take care.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance