Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Gabster7
New Contributor

Enough

Hi 👋 first time user. I honestly feel I’ve had enough staying with my husband. It’s been difficult thru our marriage for 16 years. He has been abusive and aggressive since I’ve known him. I feel I’ve tried so hard for the kids but i have had enough. I really need my space at the moment. I believe he has depression and anxiety and possible narcissistic personality disorder. He wants to be in control of my relationships with my family and friends. I feel I don’t have the flexibility to visit them because every time I do he makes me feel guilty. He makes himself the victim and tries to gaslight me or the kids. I’m exhausted dealing him because I need to be so careful with the way I say things for him not to get upset….toxic toxic toxic

4 REPLIES 4
tyme
Community Lead

Re: Enough

Hi @Gabster7 ,

Welcome to the forums.

I hope you will be able to connect with others who can share experiences similar to yours.

As for what is currently happening at home, have you ever tried speaking to 1800RESPECT?

They may be able to give you some more advice for your situation. https://www.1800respect.org.au/

It is also important to point out that no one should be experiencing abuse. If you feel unsafe any any time, I encourage you to phone 000.

Please take care, 

tyme

How are you today @Gabster7 ? I'm thinking about how you are going.

Jo-anneJoy
Senior Contributor

Hello @Gabster7 

If you are on facebook, there is a specific private support group named
Healing After Experiencing Covert Passive-Aggressive Narcissism that 

is particularly helpful.

Thanks so much. I’ll have a look at the FB group. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance