Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder Carers?

I try to be careful about what I post re. my daughter. I'd hope that if she were to read it, she wouldn't feel as if her privacy was being violated. It's a hard call, because I need to be able to talk through things sometimes so that I can cope better, and therefore support her.

Daughter's birthday today, so we're travelling down tomorrow to go out for lunch with her. Hopefully all our family will be there, but her older brother's caught a cold, so he'll be "wait and see". We're hoping that we've found an alternate car route that will work better. Hubby's parents live relatively nearby to the clinic, so his Dad went in to see her today for a bit.

She's in a quieter room now. Near the kitchen, so she was concerned that it might be swapping one form of noise for another, but she's found it OK. She's somewhat homesick but seems to be coping.

@SmcTrust today goes well for you and the family. 

Thinking of you too @Smc ...,, 🎈💐🎂

@Smc 

Hope travel and birthday lunch went ok for you all today. Thinking of you.  

Thanks @Determined@Faith-and-Hope.

Just got home. Travel went much smoother by the new route we tried, and took two hours instead of three. Lunch went more or less OK, but not quite to plan. The Chinese restaurant our older daughter wanted to go to was only open for dinner, not lunch. We found another that had a good menu and wasn't too crowded, but while we were waiting for our food it filled up, and she wasn't handling the crowding and noise, so we asked the very helpful staff if we could have our order as takeaway instead. There's a park near the clinic, so we took it there and ate outdoors.

She seems to be reasonably settled in. Her new room is quiet and fairly private. We won't be able to visit her next weekend due to pre-existing committments, but a good friend of hers is planning on driving down that Saturday, so she won't be left too alone. 🙂

We're tired and a bit achey from sitting in the car for so long, but certainly feeling better than we did after the drop off trip.

All good to hear @Smc .... ❣️

After me thinking that Saturday went relatively well- it seems "relative" is the key point. I still felt really scraped thin on Sunday, and have slept quite badly the last couple of nights. Methinks I need to be aware that even a "better" day may overtop my limits. Perhaps by a lesser degree than a "harder" day, but overtop is still overtop. Smiley Frustrated

I'm also trying to work out if I need to cut back my trips up to my parents' house. That's a hard call, because there is so much that needs to be done to clear their house, and quite frankly, they won't live forever... but I've been slowing down and getting less done on my trips, and the concept of travelling there is more than I can handle at the moment. It may be as simple as; if I don't pull back to try to recharge myself a bit, I may reach the point where I can't do anything anyway.

Absolutely correct @Smc ...... ❣️
Former-Member
Not applicable

Most important to take care of yourself too @Smc
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance