Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder Carers?

hugs @Smc Heart

Heart breaking @Smc 

@Smc  thinking of you and family 🙏

Thanks all.... rough patch is continuing. She's had a couple more middle of the night hospital presentations for SH. Both times, at the urging of "voices".

Hey all... @Determined @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope ... good news is that the antibiotics are getting on top of the ear infection. They have their own inherrent side effects, but still an improvement on severe pain.

Bad news is, Older Daughter's bad patch has culminated in tendon damage, and another trip to a plastic surgeon at a private hospital 2+ hours drive away. Hubby drove her down to have the surgery Friday, they kept her in overnight. She went home the next day (another long drive). Don't know how safe she'll be. The bad patch seems to now be on the wane??

The hospital she was admitted to did a mental health review. The psychologist who rang us was very helpful and thorough, and suggested a "line of appeal" to get an independant review of her care. What's happening at the moment certainly isn't very effective. He also commented that he hadn't seen such a complex case for 20 years... yeep. That's simultaneously confronting and confirming. We're not making mountains out of molehills. And the previous example her remembers did benefit from higher-up oversight of their care.

And although I'm recovering, the side effects meant I wasn't well enough for that much travel, so Hubby's had to do it solo. Am hoping that I'll be fine for the follow up appointment next week.

💜 @Smc ......

@Smc 

😥🙏

@Smc 

Thinking of you and family 🙏

@Smc  continue to think of you and family. 🙏

Thanks @Determined.
Things seem to have settled down, but we're still in recovery. I'm tired, Hubby's anxious...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance