Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Smc
Senior Contributor

Re: D.I.D.

I noticed you did a read through @Appleblossom . 🙂 Thank you.

Yeah, we're very thinly stretched. If she gets a place in the supported accomodation units, the fact that she'll have more non-family support available might give us some recovery time, and let us focus on getting our Younger Daughter into a better position.

Out of all the sciences, I think psychology might be the only one trying to make sense of subjective truths instead of objective truths, so that makes it a rather "inexact" science... so we shall wait and see.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Checking in @Smc 

Smc
Senior Contributor

Yeah... bit so-so @Former-Member.

Older Daughter seems to be holding steady, but we had a scare with Hubby on Sunday.

Final stages of pack up from our weekend event, he suddenly got a shot of pain across his chest and up into his neck and shoulders. We went to the nearest hospital, all his vitals looked good, but they don't take chances with anything resembling a heart attack. They can do a blood test which shows enzyme changes associated with heart attact, a baseline at admission, then 6 hours later another to see if it's risen. Second test was all good, so he was discharged at 1-2 am. Some friends from the event have a minibus camper van, so they provided our accomodation and transport all in one for the night.

I did my usual thing of calm, collected, strategising and ticking the boxes at the time, and I'm in the "payback" recovery stage at the moment. 😕 So glad all was well, pain was probably anxiety related, but oooh, we could have done without that.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Smcimages (555).jpeg

@Smc ... 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: D.I.D....

Checking in @Smc 

Thinking of you here also @Smc 

Smc
Senior Contributor

I is here @Former-Member!

Back from a weekend at a church camp. A bit of an odd time. Hubby and I were a bit too stressed and tired to get a lot out of it, but Younger Daughter enjoyed it. That counts for a lot.

Older Daughter and Older Son were also there. I think they enjoyed it too, Older Daughter had one of her "persona switch" moments while we were at the beach. We picked it, not sure it was too obvious to the young friend who was with us. (Hoping not.)

Found one of the study sessions a bit hard to take. I ended up outside having a few private tears, Hubby was close to doing likewise. It was based on a series of what I guess you could call spiritual personality profiles. Am not good with things like that; too burnt out by a "caring" role that's taken me beyond the point where its got joy in it, which means I have little left over for the more general "caring" actions I've found fulfilling in the past. That, plus the fact that categorising people into type 1/2/3/4/etc. always leaves me at a loss anyway. I do "me", and am not good with boxes.
Older Daughter has her interview panel meeting tomorrow to see if she can get a place in the supported accomodation units. So we may know by later in the day, or they may take a few days to get back to her. Will see what comes. Quarantined items has meant that there's been no SH that we know of since that was brought in, and if appropriate, we'll be suggesting that an environment that's psychologically and theraputically supportive might help her continue to make progress against the urge to SH.

Smc
Senior Contributor

Hi @Smc  👋 

Thought I had responded here earlier ..... but it was the support button methinks.

Hugs ❣️

Thonking of tou lots.....

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance