Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Sounds Good @Zoe7 

All shelves put up and ready to move things back into the garage and start cleaning up - need to get some done tonight before expected rain tomorrow and then need to pick up a couple of things from the old school before I can start stacking the trailer to take to the tip. Plenty still to do but getting there slowly. 

Well done @Zoe7

Is anyone still awake?! @TAB@MDT@Appleblossom@Former-Member 

Hey @Former-Member
Im here. Watching tennis

Yeah still up ok 7.21 pm here lol @Sam3

Hi @MDTHope you’re enjoying the 🎾 . Don’t want to interrupt, so just ignore this message if you’re having fun! How’s your situation & your overseas work plan going? Did your sister like her cake? What a good effort you made. I think you were the one who re-iterated my words about not falling into self-pity or fear? Well I feel like I’m on that precipice tonight. Not sure if it’s the depression, the sedating medication, the redundancy or good ol’ fashioned laziness but I’m not great tonight. Made a couple of jobseeking calls & have a couple of interviews next week which should be pleasing...but it’s similar to the work I’m doing now in aged care & the thought of that with another Organization & being accountable to managers who are virtually new grads whilst not giving my kids much attention is a bit overwhelming. I’d love to cry about how pathetic I am but that really would be self-pity!!! I’m tired all the time & got minimal to nil enthusiasm or joy. I really want to do better than this for my kids but I don’t seem able. I can’t seem to motivate myself to do anything other than eat, sleep & work. For context, I’ve been dealing with deathsx2, several acute depressive episodes & other losses for last 9 years (which is the entire childhood of my youngest). Anyway @MDT I wonder how the tennis is going?! @TAB are you surging forward with your plan re selling items & employment? @Appleblossom I think it may be clear that you are a parent, so I’m wondering if you experience anything similar? @CheerBear I tried to read the forum posts as I couldn’t join you at that time. What were the “take home messages” from your perspective? Thanks to everyone for sharing your insights. 

Yeah surging for sure ok felt ill was ill umm re this afternoon.

Oh no @TAB physically and/or psychologically “ill”?

I think it sounds pretty normal @Sam3
You want to do the best by you and your kids. Naturally youd be concerned.
It sounds lioe youare making progress though by setting stuff up. Be proud of that. I am doing similar and its all baby steps. Even if it feels like a giant leep.

You are likely nore capable than you think though.

Yeh my sister liked the cake haha. She made it after all 😄

I am off to bed. Nite to you. Talk tomoz

Thanks @MDT for your wise reply. It’s great to share ‘baby steps’ together on this forum. Hope you’re all sleeping well (except @TAB whose night is relatively young!). 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance