Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

never stop writting my awesome friend @Exoplanet , I love you soooo much xxxx

it is raining here today too soo no lawn mowing today which means rest time for mr shaz xoxo

Hello @Zoe7 , @Appleblossom , @Faith-and-Hope , @Teej 

I love you too @Shaz51  Heart I'm glad it's raining so you & Mr Shaz can rest, although I hope it's not raining too much, 'cause if I remember right you've already
had enough flooding. I know floods can be devastatingly dangerous, & some may think I'm wrong to wish for them, there aren't many of them where I live - & they
never actually touch my home, just cut off the roads out of town or into other towns. I get completely isolated, they have to helicopter medical supplies in, the fuel
gets rationed & the corner store runs out of everything. I've seen what's left of the roads when the water recedes & understand why the Police stop anyone trying
to cross when it's flooded, football field size chunks completely disappear - it wouldn't matter what vehicle you had, attempting to cross would end in tragedy;
even if you had a boat, it's not just the footy field chunks of bitumen but the likes of entire trees are crashing along with the violent flow! The only reason I know
the Police {well there's only one actual Policeman in town, but the people he organizes} stop attempts to cross the roads under water, is because I got stuck on the
wrong side one year. I had just picked up a baby cockatoo & it needed special feed, there wasn't any of that feed in my town, I had to go to the next town over -
which, although you couldn't tell in the dry, was on the other side of the river. This 'river' is totally dry most of the time, the 'bridge' that's referred to is flat along
the ground - I never even knew it existed for the first 5-10 years that I was here. Even when I went across it, I still didn't know it was a bridge, but I could see water
was lapping either side of the road & people were gathering at the edges of that water. The people were the ones organized to stop attempted crossings when the
road submerges, it's actually against the law to do so & you would get arrested! I didn't know any of this at the time, but I knew floods were coming {Thanks to
the Guru Google 🙂 } & decided to make a dash to get the Cockatoos feed. I think what made me feel 'safe' was the fact that not a drop of rain had fallen for days,
the floods here aren't formed by the rain that falls here - they are actually formed in another state! It must have something to do with how the water flows . . .
I must live downhill from somewhere that rains a lot at times 😉 It was a horror story for me, I couldn't get home & I hadn't set the critters up! I still had good
communication with my Daughter back then, I texted her, she rang back & then arranged for someone to drop some food into & check the critters water. It took 5
days for me to get home, even after 5 days it was a 6-7 hour detour to get back . . . when the road's intact, the next town over is only 3/4's of an hour away. For
years later, I was afraid to leave town if it even looked like rain. Lots of love to you Shaz Heart

Still missing you Mazy Heart @Mazarita 

Hoping busy is treating you well @eth {& hoping noone negitive has gotten into this site, I know it's a public site, I know that very well. Anyone can read anything & anyone can join. I'm sure the moderators will 'fix' it.}

@outlander @Zoe7  @Teej  @Appleblossom  @Faith-and-Hope  @Sophie1  @greenpea @CheerBear 

Hey @Exoplanet 

Hope you are good,

I learned a new thing about it being illegal to drive on seriously flooded roads.  Yes so much gets washed away and the ground often cannot absorb the needed rain.

Smiley Happy

My King cat is sleeping at my elbow,  He is gettin slower and becoming an indoor cat these days.

Heart

@LauzI've found more - really very wrong names - I'm sending them now.

@Exoplanet  Hi Exoplanet I love your posts. I need to take them segment by segment but really enjoy reading them. It is a challenge which is good for me. Love greenpea xxx

I've just got an email confirming my booking at the beach 😄 !!! It's official, it's payed for . . . we're going 😄 😄 😄 for 4 days at least, with the option of staying another 3 for the weekly tariff. My personal goal has always been to stay somewhere for a whole week, in fact I'd like to do so every few months . . . so I'm camping for a month each year. I'm retired, there's no reason I can't. My main wish is to look over water & I can't think of a greater expanse of water than the ocean 😉 Though I like variety too, so not just the ocean, a river, a natural water hole & a dam or weir too! {I want it all :D} Of those wet wonders, I've been to 2, am about to visit a 3rd . . . I've just got to find an inland water hole. I've got 5 days to pack, panic & pretend it's not happening - not necessarily in that order 🙂
It was crispy cool this morning . . . absolutely fabulous darling 😄 I had a Staffy & a little fluff ball sleeping almost on top of me & found myself considering putting a full sized blanket on the bed as the rug I've just recently added, doesn't cover us all - so the Staffy ends up getting it 😉 It heats up pretty quickly once the sun comes up, even in Winter the days are usually warmly pleasant, it's just the nights that cool down & they can really get cold, -6 is the coolest I've noticed. I don't get the pretty white frost here very often, this area gets what they call a black frost {it's not actually black in colour} where the air freezes, there's not enough moisture to form the ice crystals but if you've got a garden or some grass, it all turns black after the frost. I wonder if we're going to get the extremes of cold like we have the extremes of heat? I've read that America is breaking all it's records for the coldest Winter, just like we've broken all the records for our hottest Summer. I'm pretty sure America uses Fahrenheits, but I read somewhere that some parts of America got as cold as -60 {which is under -50c!} & Alaska went down to -80 {under -60c!}.
Today I really want to find the motivation to start the genny & do some washing & give me & the fluff ball a hair cut. Then I'd like to start playing with the camp gear 🙂 Right now it doesn't feel real, but I want that joy of fear, that tingle of excitement, that belly-flipping expectation of fun 🙂 There's no guarantee I'll ever make another trip, I want to make the most of this one 🙂

Love to all that need or want itHeart

MazyHeart @Mazarita  @outlander  @eth  @greenpea  @Appleblossom  @Shaz51  @Zoe7  @Faith-and-Hope  @Teej  @Sophia1 @CheerBear 

Hey @Exoplanet   if you're up for a long journey, Bitter Springs at Mataranka in the Northern Territory is the most special 'water hole' I've ever been to.  I've been there several times.  There is cheap camping nearby at the Territory Manor.  It's a magic place and worth the trip imo.

Sounds wonderful @eth , I may never go . . . but I'll have fun researching it 🙂 The spot I'm going to is one that you & Mazy suggested {well it's close to it}. I used to live in Dawin, but didn't 'get out' much. It's a truly beautiful place though . . . just a bit warm & humid at times 😉 Love to youHeart

I was up there for 17 years until late 2016 @Exoplanet .  Didn't get out much myself the last several years but went camping a lot before that.  And the last 2 years I was there I had a great friend (well, still do, but she's not up there now) who I camped a lot with and went to cultural festivals with also.  The out-of-town places are what I miss most about life up there.  Do enjoy the research!

Hi @Exoplanet 

I really enjoy reading your posts, thanks for sharing.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance