Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

Love it @CheerBear 

I’m getting really annoyed with my blanket. I can’t seem to get motivated to finish. I need to. 

I also want to knit a beanie for my granddaughter. she needs one now as the weather is cooling down. 

And my D and I are busy seeing bsby things to sell online. 

Hi 👋 @outlander @shsttered are you up to?

❤️❤️

Evening @BlueBay @CheerBear @Hope4me @outlander @Faith-and-Hope 

I have been hearing and seeing patterns refer to a chainless foundation, they say it's easier  to do once you get the hang of it and leaves a nicer edge.

Do any of you use this method, 

Apparently you van use it for round as well.

hmm ive heard of that but ive never done it @saturnzoon i find it abit easier to grasp the pattern if i start with a chain

I love wandering by this little corner of the forum 😊

@BlueBay I'm thinking your blanket might be feeling annoying maybe with all the extra things you're making with your online adventure? I find my projects can get annoying if I have too much on too. Maybe putting it aside for a little while would help ❤

👋 @Hope4me. @outlander taught me 'Crojo'! So funny! I often wish I could send creations to the lovely people who live behind the screen here. If I could, I'd totally make you a beret. Hope you're well ❤

@outlander have you been crafting much? My Sophie now has little purple popcorns on it 🙂 Need to get you on to a CAL sometime 😉!

@saturnzoon - I have tried chainless foundation and found it tricky. It didn't make much of a difference on a project I then put a border on, but it might be worth learning properly sometime 🤔

As far as C2C goes, that's another I've played with. I made a C2C blanket with a variegated yarn that turned out well then thought I'd try and get all clever and make a big Harry Potter themed 'graphghan' blanket (I'll post some pics below). I made three out of way too many squares and have put it aside. It's really cool but I found myself getting so tangled up with all of the yarns that it was too much for me. The technique and pattern is OK once you get your head around it which took me a little while, but the amount of yarn changes you need to do to get a picture add a level of difficulty and complicates it. Definitely worth having a go at, maybe with a single yarn first though, as it has a lovely look 🙂

Hope anyone crafting today finds some feels goods in it 🌈

Here are my C2C things @saturnzoon 

Screenshot_20190428-092518_Gallery.jpg

20640.jpg

That HP blanket is on my "I will finish this one day" pile (alongside about a bazillion other 'one day' things 😆)

I'd be interested in hearing how you go if you decide to play with C2C. It is a really enjoyable one I think and it works up quickly if you're not changing colours often 🙂

Those Harry Potter squares look incredible @CheerBear! How many squares are in the entire blanket? 

Hi everyone 

my daughter and I have been really busy this past week. Sewing and making lots of bsby items. 

Here are some pictures of what we’ve made so far. Unicorn baby blanket.Unicorn baby blanket.

Burp clothsBurp cloths

Baby blanketBaby blanket

Baby blanketBaby blanket

Baby bows headbandsBaby bows headbands

ScrunchiesScrunchies

@BlueBay - love them all! The blankets look like they'd be so soft and cuddly!

@Ali11 thanks 🙂 There are as many squares as I'd like to make I think. I was aiming for 8 or 9 to get to the size I wanted though. It would take ages and lots of patience I probably lack a little! Are you a crafty kind of person (I am pretty sure you've answered before but can't remember, sorry)?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance