Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

sounds like a good plan to me! @CheerBear
i will have to look for a grid too or ill jsut do the whole play it by day lol and surprise myself how itll come out!

do you have a colour scheme? or just going to do some ranom colours with whatever yarn youve got?

The biggest square I'm doing is 12 rows @outlander so I chose 12 colours (that's the pic above) and will use them in a bit of a random pick kind of way I think 🙂

I've saved the grid I'm using and can share it here if you don't find one you like.

i still cant see the pic @CheerBear hopefully itll pop up soon!

yes please share the grid, ive been looking but im not really finding anything online- probably looking in the wrong place!

🤔 that's strange @outlander . I have nothing waiting for approval or showing as rejected but it has disappeared from my pics. 

Try again 

2019016.jpg

They're the colours I'm using 

And this is the grid

20190210_215710.jpg

I'm going to try using a "join as you go" method, so I'll make up a bunch of squares one round smaller than they need, then do the final round when I join them. Like I said, I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm going to learn 😁

yeah i still cant see it on my computer or on my phone. sometimes they appear on my phone faster but its still the dreaded triangle. hopefully ill be able to see it soon. itll give me a better idea of what youll be doing!

sounds like an interesting method! i dont know any joining methods at all lol so this will be interesting!

how big are you going to make your blanket?

Can see the pics now. Your colours are very pretty. Ill have to have a look through mine and see what colours ive got laying around. Your colours almost match the grid

Are the pink lines the join as you go sections before then joining more where the black lines are?

I'm getting strange notifications for this thread @outlander. Not tagging ones I think, but a replied to discussion one not via email. Hmmm 🤔

I have no idea how big this blanket will be haha! Lounge sized hopefully (whatever that is!) 😆 The lines are for a different join method from my understanding. Join as you go is where you slip stitch into the chain space of the square you're joining to as you work your final round of a square. (That sounds way more complicated than it looks!).

I'll find the video and send it across tomorrow.

It would be pretty cool to.have a together project if you want to start this one too! No pressure though 🙂

I'm going to head off for the night 👋❤ Hope you have a peaceful night

Going off the grid its a rather big one @CheerBear but you work fast so itll prob only take you a week or 2 lol.

Ill give it ago so we can work on something together hopefully itll work out 🤔🙂

Goodnight CB sleep well 😴

Hey @outlander  - my Babette Blanket has begun!

20190211_141354.jpg

(It's about this point into a big project where I start feeling overwhelmed and questioning what I'm doing with my life haha!)

By my calculations I think I have about eleventy million and six squares left to make 😉 I really like the way it is working up so far and will push on. I love the colour mashness and think it will look really cool in our kind of plain looking lounge room if it gets finished. 

From memory you have a busy day today. Hope it is going well enough for you ❤

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance