Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

You're dealing with so many things all at the same time @outlander. That's incredibly overwhelming for you, and it's been ongoing for a long time. You've never had any let up or break, and you not only have physical illness to deal with but also mental illness.

I can understand why you might feel that you are failing (I'd probably feel the same), but you are trying to keep all the balls in the air, so it perhaps feels like your dropping them.

I can't help you except to say you have my unconditional love, support & guidance.

You are amazing in that you keep fighting, no matter what, but then do you really have a choice? I know you are often exhausted, scared and fed up. Keep your courage up, keep putting one foot in front of the other. It's all you can do for now, and I'll be here as will others when the going gets too much.

@outlander

Thanks sis. It forever feels I'm in the centre of a tornado. I don't really ever know what to do with myself. Scrambling all the time.
I have this feeling one of my work clients may be getting rid of me too @Sans911

All you can do for now is to do the best you can at any given moment. You can't do more than that.

What makes you feel like you might loose a client @outlander?

I've been abit slack in my work @Sans911 mostly the past couple of weeks because of other commitments and being away on the weekend. When I was there today I didn't clean the paddock up because it looked like it had already been done. I will go tomorrow and see if it's been cleaned or if it's the rain that done it. I don't want to say anything about it though in case she is annoyed at me. It's just a feeling I have. I guess I'll know soon enough....

I haven't done any of my assignment either. Everything except a few notes are on my computer and ive had to order an urgent part for my laptop (should be here fitted and fixed by the repaire tomorrow) so I'm even more stressed about it and trying to get it completed. I've got the questions and case studies on my phone but I am struggling to find the info properly on a phone

Could you talk to your client, let her know that there's been a lot happening in your private life, and you'll pick up the slack from now? And that you normally aren't that way? Be apologetic but committed. That might satisfy her.

I can help you with your assignment. What are the things you need to look up?

@outlander

I'll see how it is tomorrow @Sans911 I might just be in overdrive. I've worked with her for more than a yr I'll just Have to make sure I don't slip anymore..

I have been trying to get my files to open but this new phone isn't updated or good enough to support the downloads. I might have to go to the library tomorrow and just print everything off. Wish I'd thought of that earlier on today

I remember you talked about effective communication strategies or something similar. Do you want help with that @outlander?

Yeah effective communication strategies is some of what I remember but it was relating to each case study as in :what form of communication would be best suited to this scenario (case study) and why' so I'm kinda stuck on that too @Sans911

So you can't get access to those case studies tonight? As soon as you have them, I can help. I'm just at a mediation group for half hour, so I'll be back soon.

@outlander
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance