Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: intermittent explosive disorder.

hello @Shaz51 hope you are having a peaceful day xx

Hello @Former-Member, how are you today ??

Hello @Sagher, have been thinking of you and your daughter today , how are you going ??

Hello @Sagher xx

appointment with the psychologist this week and one with a new psychologist next week. (With a new different organization working with adolescent ) I am going to go with my daughter to both appointment,

How did your appointments go @Sagher

how is your daughter going my friend ??

been thinking of you

Dear shaz51
Happy new year to you. Thank you for asking about my daughter recent appointments.
We have started with a new place. We have already had 4 appointments with them. They are amazing. We have a case manager and seen a psychiatrist twice. She is fantastic. My daughter likes them and trust them. A very good start. SHe started a new medication at a very low dose and today is day 5. Already has made a huge difference in her behavior. So much less arguments and she is after a very long time is laughing. NO major side effects. She has been closely monitored over holiday periods. I feel so supported by them. We are both very positive and they are treating her for anxiety and OCD,nothing else.
I like to tell you my experience because it may be helpful for other readers too.
Before I started taking my daughter to the new place I talked to a number of people who had experience with this organization. They all had different opinions about it which after a while I felt lost and confused.
One day I decided that in order to get help for my girl i have to be positive. Take a good advice and forget the bad immediately.
I am open to every reasonable advice and suggestions and taken the negative thoughts to my self. My daughter respond better to positivity, trust and respect for professional.
It's been more beneficial for her. She wants team work and it's happening.
I will let you know the progress on our new journey.

Happy new Year @Sagher xx

what wonderful news for you and your daughter HeartHeart

I like to tell you my experience because it may be helpful for other readers too.-- I think this is a great Idea @Sagher

and if you like to open a new thread and share your experience  as there is a lot of people here that needs help and encouragement xx

My Husband  responds better to positivity too, I find if i am clam and postive , he is ok

keep in touch my friend HeartHeart

hello @Sagher

this is wonderful news for both your daughter, yourself and the rest of the family.

You have hit the nail on the head so to speak.

you have ignored gossip, sought help, listened and taken advice. This has been noted by those who have helped you. They are willing to be there for you all because you all are open to listening and taking their advice.

this is such a wonderful outcome.

yes i agree with Shaz, post this on a new thread for inspiration for so many of us out there who often dont see this kind of help within the public health system.

I have had some tremendous support for myself as a carer from several people within the system.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance