Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

hello to anyone whos still up and unable to sleep/checking in with forum friends

Just checking in if anyones still awake at this hour ,hope the coming day is kind ,hope that you get to spend some of your time outside,hope that theres something nice that happens for you today maybe a kind message or surprise phone call with good news ,maybe some flowers or essentials that someones leaves for you at your front door hope that someone somewhere hears your voice and answers when you need them to answer your call,hope that someone makes you smile,hope that for a time theres something happy for you and something worthwhile,hope that you find a way to laugh when you need some cheering up ,hope you gain strength even though things may be quite tough,hope you feel valued and loved even if your far from family ,friends and home ,hope you find some self care and special things and time for you,hope that the sun reminds you of how far youve grown and how much youve shown inner strength that keeps you going,even through Lockdown after Lockdown you just keep going ,wether its a poem or song that helps you to carry on or maybe the at home projects that have kept you focussed,maybe knitting or crafts gardening or reading,dancing or maybe lots of cooking or singing ,hot cups of coffee,wearing Pjamas just because or a movie day or just cuddling with family or your pets hope this reminds you that you are bold you are brave and very strong even when the tears may flow please remember your never truely alone HeartHeartHeart sending hugs and love to anyone that needs it

7 REPLIES 7

Re: hello to anyone whos still up and unable to sleep/checking in with forum friends

Thank you for these words. They've helped me a bit just now ❤️

Re: hello to anyone whos still up and unable to sleep/checking in with forum friends

Hello. Im new to the forum and was just checking it out. I struggle with anxiety and depression myself and often denial and distraction are the only ways to go that allow me to function. Health issues recently have torpedoed denying things and with the coronavirus lock down and restrictions many emotional doors that I wanted to stay closed have been torn open.

@LostAngel wrote:

Just checking in if anyones still awake at this hour ,hope the coming day is kind ,hope that you get to spend some of your time outside,hope that theres something nice that happens for you today maybe a kind message or surprise phone call with good news ,maybe some flowers or essentials that someones leaves for you at your front door hope that someone somewhere hears your voice and answers when you need them to answer your call,hope that someone makes you smile,hope that for a time theres something happy for you and something worthwhile,hope that you find a way to laugh when you need some cheering up ,hope you gain strength even though things may be quite tough,hope you feel valued and loved even if your far from family ,friends and home ,hope you find some self care and special things and time for you,hope that the sun reminds you of how far youve grown and how much youve shown inner strength that keeps you going,even through Lockdown after Lockdown you just keep going ,wether its a poem or song that helps you to carry on or maybe the at home projects that have kept you focussed,maybe knitting or crafts gardening or reading,dancing or maybe lots of cooking or singing ,hot cups of coffee,wearing Pjamas just because or a movie day or just cuddling with family or your pets hope this reminds you that you are bold you are brave and very strong even when the tears may flow please remember your never truely alone HeartHeartHeart sending hugs and love to anyone that needs it

@LostAngel wrote:

@LostAngel wrote:

Hi @LostAngel 

Thank you for your post. I doubt anything nice will happen to me today but I appreciate the sentiment. I am struggling to sleep so I have gotten up to write a letter to my psychologist. We ended up in a bit of a tight spot on Thursday so I am hoping to sort it out. I hope things go well for you today also. How are things with special somebody? I hope that things are working out. 

Best wishes,

Meggle

Thank you … your words made me cry but I think that’s what is needed right now .
I hope you have a wonderful day too ❤️

Yes, insomnia not a healthy condition. Sometimes I lie awake till 3.30am restless, twisting and turning, mind racing.  Thankfully I don't have to get up early in morning for work at airport due to stand-down. 

Just passing to say hi @Owen45 @LostAngel @Sky5 @Gigi4 @Friday .

I was awake till 3am this morning, insomnia is terrible. Thank goodness I don't have to work airport shifts at present, I would be exhausted.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance