Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

autism spectrum

Just wondering if there is anyone here who has been dx with asd and dissociation? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: autism spectrum

The guy who diagnosed my son with Aspergers .. said at end of a session with the father ... that the parents were likely to be autistic ... I had already self diagnosed that for me ... 20 years ago .. in a teacher college library.

That pdoc dude .. also said the diagnosis for my son .. was a political diagnosis ... now what the heck does that mean?

Exactly @Appleblossom what on earth could that mean. It sounds like a bit of a snide remark to me. I'd be looking for a second opinion. 🎶
Former-Member
Not applicable

I've been officially diagnosed with ASD (that part of the spectrum of which used to be known as Aspergers or more fully Asperger Syndrome).

More probably he doesn't either believe in the validity of ASD itself or that it is being arbitrarily given as a diagnosis. The latter can be said of any diagnosis, for misdiagnosis is just as rife in psychology as it is in medicine.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance