Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

another late night Vent

Boredom and Indecision should I do an Online Quizz/snack on Junkfood,Call Lifeline Just till I fall asleep,time ticks slowly ,filling in time is getting harder to do although I remind myself Im doing my Best to keep busy,Theres lessons Ive learned at spending so much time thinking on my own,Should I talk to someone reachout/or just keep thinking ,Theres so many good thoughts that I dont share and want to share with people and yet at times thats what I starngely hold back from sharing,will I sleep tonight not sure,bored with trying to find movies to watch for now maybe a book to read instaed anyway stay safe all rest well 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: another late night Vent

Might be good to reach out to lifeline if you feel bad. I've also found the text line is great as you don't have to psychically talk to someone which can be off putting when you are feeling bad. They've talked me down from bad times before .

Hi @LostAngel,

Time can feel really slow when we are feeling bored can't it? It sounds like you were doing the best you could last night you fill your time and stay busy. 

@NewbieBipolar mentioned how Lifeline has been a support in these times. How did you go overnight @LostAngel?

Hey @LostAngel 

Hope things are feeling a little more balanced with a new day. 

Something I find super helpful when trying to pass time/distract me from my thoughts is Podcasts. I listen to a great one called Book Cheat which summarises classic books we all 'should have read' so I get the experience of reading a great story with a couple of jokes chucked in even when I am too wired to actually read. 

All the best, 
- perowinklepixie 

thank you for the above suggestions friends,the good news is I managed to get some sleep and woke up at a more normal hour this morning,had a shower,ate breakfast,I may ring lifeline or possibly text a bit later today as I started of this morning in a positive frame of mind only to then just start to worry a bit much /second geuss my efforts I am still however trying to keep a positive outlook and stop dwelling so much ,two things Ive learned at the momment is I need to have more of a sense of feeling self assurance/self confidence and as much as my mind likes to by habit focus on negatives that bring me doubt ect I need to allow myself permission to state positive thoughts/share positive thoughts out loud allow myself to spring foward with positive thoughts as I tend to not give myself to share good things that I want to say out loud cause of fear of Judgement/others possible reactions ect self assurance is important cause I shouldnt need to have or expect to have validitaion from anyone but myself,it takes some work to break this habit,Ill try to keep busy ,also probly over the last week or so Ive felt a bit much of a need to feel in control as that gives feeling of assurance although logically I know Im not in control of every thing I sometimes allow my emotions to get the better of me,thanks also for the suggestions of podcasts thats definetly something to look into,also I have currently ran out of meds for now so will have to unfortunetly do without them till a bit later this week that might be one reason the negatives are coming up again a bit in my mind and thinking,might go distract myself myself now ,eat and drink regulary ect thanks for checking in @periwinklepixie , @Daisydreamer  @NewbieBipolar HeartHeartHeart

Loving this energy @LostAngel !

I couldn't help thinking, when you mentioned wanting to get more practice speaking out positive things into the world, maybe the Forums could be a great place to start? I'm sure the folks over at the Social Space would love to hear about it. 🙂 

With a smle 
- periwinklepixie 

thanks @periwinklepixie Heart definetly an idea to try in the morning possibly

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance