Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

I did have a bit of help with DSP application in the first instance as there was a c'link rep that visited the MH ward Mr D was in at the time of applying @Sophie1.  Due to my work we have never bothered with NewStart etc.

As you can no doubt tell @Smc is much more knowledgeable than I am with it all.  

I would expect though that there would not be too many differences with DSP + other application as both seem to require a support letter from doc (pdoc did Mr D's). He had to go for an interview at C'link office in the first instance where we ran through medical history,  then an interview with a psychologist that was I think a job capacity interview (done online as we are rural).   I did also need to get an official birth certificate (birth extract was not adequate). 

After seeing neurologist, it might be worth asking pdoc if they think a part time work realistic or not.  I would certainly ask neuro to cc in pdoc on consult letter as a multidisciplinary approach might be needed in management. 

@Former-Member@Smc@Shaz51@outlander@Determined off for our cruise to NZ today for 2 weeks ... a bit anxious as we have three suitcases - the miscellaneous pharmacy supplies and toiletries meant an extra suitcase was required - so three suitcases between the two of us !! Feels excessive but we weren’t keen on having to wash clothes mid trip or leave our pillows behind as we both have dodgy necks ... running off to shops this morning to get more distinctive bag tags as worried about losing bags after reading horror stories of other people losing bags 

@Sophie1

Enjoy ... Here's a couple of tagsimages (26).jpeg

images (27).jpeg

Trust neuro appt went ok. 

Thanks @Former-Member .. the neurologist was a mixed bag - he thinks definitely migraines - maybe triggered biomechanical .. so then looking at physio or acupuncture and magnesium ... he couldn’t prescribe any preventatives as they either clash with other psych meds grrrr or would have other side effects 

Trust trip goes well @Sophie1

thinking of you @Sophie1 Heart

Hope your cruise goes well with minimal or no hiccups @Sophie1

Happy Cruising @Sophie1. I hope the relax time away does you a world of good. 🙂

Vintage-1940s-Bon-Voyage-Cruise-Ship-Greeting.jpg

@Smc@outlander@Shaz51@Determined@Former-Member back home now and time for  2019 to really kick off I guess 

Trip was mixed bag - super relaxing for the most part as cruise ships are a haven of food, beverage and house keeping services so removes many of the daily pressures like that.  Ms S struggled with headaches and migraines still tho so we lashed out on the on board acupuncturist for a series of 6 sessions during the 2 weeks -  a real find as she was brilliant and Ms S responded - even some times pain free and her whole face and eyes looked clear and pain free at times.  The only down side of trip was that Ms S headaches still a struggle and also dealing with the usual range of folk one normally doesn’t come across in the circles at home - not going to mention some issues encountered with other guests as may be trigger content - however I was very pleased that Ms S and myself dealt with the challenges on board together and had a united front in our responses and processing of events and happenings on board that were difficult at times ... we were both very happy with our relationship and communication growth ... Ms S is having memory blanks tho of events and conversations - we picked up this pattern over last couple of months and will speak to psychiatrist this week - good to have solid examples - we r concerned may be one of the meds causing short term memory issues ... 

sorry this post all over the shop ... so much to say - oh I have an annoying cold and under the weather and having to be a hermit this weekend to get well ...  also we found and acupuncturist nearby for Ms S to continue weekly sessions and hopefully this will continue to loosen the muscle spasms we suspect are causing the migraine and headaches ... altho a day after booking Ms S swore black and blue to my face there was no such appt ever made ... until I reminded her of exactly how the conversation went that she had with the acupuncturist over the phone yesterday to make the booking and how she commented on his nice voice - then she remembered ... eeeek memory lapses worrying us both 

Welcome back @Sophie1. Sounds like quite a trip. Were you well on the trip? Seem to recall you were not so good before you went away.

Bonus finding that acupuncture helps with Ms S's headaches, bummer re: memory lapses. 

Side effects = 😬,  when I look at selection of meds on offer my heart sinks. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance