Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Self Reflection Questions

Hi everyone just some questions Im asking myself in General,Thanks for Listening and all your current support I appreciate it Smiley Happy ok heres the questions,why does it take having time and seperation away from someone or something good,in order to appreciate and be thankfull ? and Why does it often take letting go of control to find ourselves again,as if we keep feeling lost in order then to begin the journey again over and over same lessons repaeted in life untill we truely find our real selves ,our identity ect  and learn to fully move forward without fear of emabarassment,shame or fear and instaed its replace by a deep sense of freedom,of inner knowing,and self worth ,maybe inner healing theres so many steps to make to heal ourselves from past mistakes situations and hurts ect but its a worthwhile journey to work through,hope this helps someone out there if you can relate to this ,Im very much an intervert while working through things Heart

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Self Reflection Questions

These are some GREAT questions @LostAngel !

I've put my answers in a list cause that's how my brain works. 😛 

Why does it take having time and seperation away from someone or something good,in order to appreciate and be thankfull ?

It's so interesting how sometimes we dont appreciate something until it is gone! I'm not so sure of the answer but I know something that has helped me foster more appreciation of things in daily life is a gratitude journal. On my hardest days writing down or noting in my head things I am grateful for makes me realise some of the ways in which I am really lucky even when I feel hard done by 

Why does it often take letting go of control to find ourselves again,as if we keep feeling lost in order then to begin the journey again over and over same lessons repaeted in life untill we truely find our real selves ,our identity ect  and learn to fully move forward without fear of emabarassment,shame or fear and instaed its replace by a deep sense of freedom,of inner knowing,and self worth ,maybe inner healing?

When I read this question a quote I heard someone say at a Conference who was discussing their suicide attempt came to my mind straight away! They said ''Rock bottom is a good place to start''. For me, it has been when faced with the biggest challenges and feeling absolutely at rock bottom that I have been able to find who I truly am. I kind of like to think of it as like rock bottom could be me being  ground up into tiny pieces of dust and through being dust I am more flexible and can be flown through the breeze to new directions. I hope that overly poetic answer makes sense. 😛 

Love this self-reflection! Keep it up. 🙂 
- periwinklepixie 

Hey, 

These thoughts/ questions are so incredibly insightful and thought provoking @LostAngel

Time and space away, or separation from someone/thing... Hmm.. That old phrase 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' comes to mind. For me, when you're separated from someone or something, I feel like it gives me a chance to really notice the absence and appreciate what the presence gives or adds.  

Off the back of @periwinklepixie's excellent point about gratitude journaling also, there is actually an online peer group chat discussion coming up tomorrow night on the topic of gratitude if you'd like to join us. Head to this thread for more information😊 

Now, your other amazing point. Letting go to truly find ourselves.. That's a really interesting thought. Letting go to me is like being open to new things, like new ways of doing or thinking about things for example. Letting go can make way for more discoveries about ourselves perhaps? Just a thought based on yours 😊

Hi
These are great questions and honestly I'm not sure of the answer but I think hardships are a part of the human experience and learning about yourself is the crux of everything you experience and to find the gratitude in the lessons you have learnt from the pain I can relate to this wholeheartedly. There are many blessings too in life no matter what is happening always something to be grateful for. Hope this helps in some way. Have a great day!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance