Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

@Emelia8 

Hi Em

Thanks for the post and the pictures - I appreciate them

I am okay - mostly very tired and it's stretching my shoulder and causing pain to type. I am gradually getting my life back into order after weeks of letting things go - 

I understand you are in pain and afraid of the news you might get about your cancer and that is understandable - I would be too. You have been through a lot and you have no real support in your life and this is a time when you could use it - I wish life was better for you - 

And you have extra grief issues right now - not being able to go to a funeral is really hard - the COVID lockdowns have hurt everyone in someway - 

So far away here - even if it is a virtual world - we can still reach across the miles and extend ourselves in some way - 

Thanks for your kind thoughts - I am okay emotionally though the prognosis for my shoulder isn't good there are still less evasive things than a reverse shoulder replacement and I choose that road

So - I am sending my love

Dec

Ho hum - I have sent my best wishes - I think I need a little nap before lunch - sending kittie cuddles EmHo hum - I have sent my best wishes - I think I need a little nap before lunch - sending kittie cuddles Em

Hi @Emelia8 @Zoe7 @Anastasia @Shaz51 @outlander @BlueBay @Flying_Hams 

We are having a lovely day in Melbourne - truly beautiful

I hate wrapping parcels - but this year I have done a better job of it - and I have to mail my grand-daughter's to her pretty soon but not today I think - I am not feeling really well today but I am okay - there are days that I just keep to myself - and today is one of them - but I am okay

I don't feel at all Christmassy yet - it was been a bad year - a real, genuine annus horriblis -  we all have a bad year sometime and endure it alone pretty much - this year has been a bad one for everyone - to different degrees. My daughter taking it in turns to be in hospital and having operations has not been fun - esp as we have not been able to see each other - mm-yeah - enough

Now - I'm stuck - I can't think of anything else to write - except that I think I will go back to church sometime - possibly not just yet because of my shoulder and the truth that booking a seat for church seems a bit strange - I'm not at all used to that idea just yet

So - it has been Monday - all day - and I can walk in the street without a mask which is much better and I have bought some new clothes - excellent - and it doesn't feel like Christmas - and I am sure I am not alone in that 

All the best everyone - it's definitely time for coffee

Dec

I wanna a Mocconna classic with full-cream milk - anyone else?I wanna a Mocconna classic with full-cream milk - anyone else?

Hahaha @Owlunar 

I do always enjoy your updates, I can really "feel" the emotions behind them if that makes sense?

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well, I do hope the feeling passes quickly and you can be back to yourself in no time.

I hear you about Christmas, all I have so far is a gift card to post to my family in WA, oh and a card. That's as far as I got, like you I will write on it and post it another day. So unenthusiastic about it all really *sigh.

No mask * tick - gosh that must feel a bit strange but joyeous at the same time?

New clothes * Big tick - good for you. I plan on a couple of new things this side of Christmas too

It most certainly has been a Monday oh what a day - it began with our servers down and an unexpected mad rush to the office to provide access to the room so that the IT guru can sort the issue out. So much for the ease into the week. Oh well back home now and only an hour to go before I rake up the bark that has fallen and put it to use as ground cover in my garden bed. I do think it is pretty 🙂

Tomorrow is my test - they kindly sent me a reminder in case I had forgotten (haha, I wish).

In addition my car also needs to go the mechanic and I am to pick up a Christmas tree for the office. Luckily I have a volunteer to decorate it, who is in the Christmas spirit so am pleased that is not a job I have to do myself. I am in the process of organising the Christmas lunch and Kris Kringle so I guess I probably should dig deep and TRY to find that spirit in there somewhere!

Not much else to report, love the little owls, I am having a black in my owl cup so it's kind of ironic that you messaged - a sign from the Universe maybe?

Love ad hugs dear Dec xoxoHeart

Hi @Anastasia 

I love the little signs we get from the universe too - and I figured out the reason for feeling a bit blah this week - my son would have been having his birthday and he would have been well into middle age - past the big 50 - hard to imagine - would he still have that really curly hair? etc - he will always have acne but never wrinkles.

I heard on the news that people will be obliged to pay for hotel isolation - and no fresh air breaks etc - I think I would not like that at all and think that this would not be the best time to use hotels myself right now - this is such a complex issue - I had to gnash my teeth and groan when footballers were staying at the hotels I use in Queenslane and complained about the "bubbles" - ouch - I really love those places and - sheesh - enough !!

And - yes - last week I went to the shops without my mask - or rather it was in my pocket and I had to wear it in the shops - it was better to walk along the street without it though - 

All the best with our test - I think that was a mammogram or maybe something else along the same line - I know when I read what @Emelia8  Had to say about her operation and the prognosis I did a BSE - which seems okay - it is always a good idea to do that from time to time - I certainly hope all goes well with your test. And yes - they do remind us about every appointment we have I think - I get one from nearly everyone and recently I didn't get a text - so I rang up and asked - at least we can all keep on the same page

I watched that programme  SAS Australia - I am wondering why on earth people did that! - So much suffering when they have already proven themselves in some way - at first I thought it was good until I got tired of all the swearing and this was in the re-runs at the weekend - I thought - no way would I allow a man speak to me like that - ever. I would have liked to have been in the position of ending my involvment by handing in my number like that. 

If you can read my emotions in my writing - and I love that idea - truly - I wonder how that comes across - btw - the men I have had in my life have had an earful using bad language around me. It worked then and I think it would now - according to Dr Phil we teach people how to treat us and I tend to agree - anyway - that's enough

Dec

Oh @Owlunar of course you would be feeling blah at the moment! You have every reason and more to feel that way.

Anniversaries *sigh - most unwelcome when it comes to the losses in our lives. Big hugs to you for the loss of your little boy with the curls, acne and way too much going on in his head to cope with life 😞 

Oh Dec so heavy 😞 Pondering what to say next and I have nothing...

A picture can speak a thousand words so I feel this is fitting. 

cropped-mother-to-another-logo.jpg

And yes we do teach people how to treat us, I just wish sometimes I had better tools myself to do this, I think growing up with a controling father as well as violence in the home hasn't done me any favours but that's another story.

Always keeping you in my thoughts dear Dec xox

Thanks @Anastasia 

Yes - annversaries come to pass - and in a fortnight it will be another one - harder than his birthday and that's his adoption date - and yesterday was a day exactly like the day we went and got him - beautiful  - a wonderful summer day in Melbourne - not too warm and a jewel of a memory

Yes - he was a cute but troubled little boy who said the funniest things and asked really interesting questions - and he had jet black curls. He was in his mid-teens when he died and really tall - and it's a mutli-coloured series of memories that began that day and sometimes I know it will not cease while I live and that's okay

I have been thinking that you were having tests today and most likely they are just about over - and I wish you the best with that - how I do not enjoy tests! Could anyone? Eeekk?

It seems domestic violence has been in the media lately and of course I have read a lot about it here. My mother was an unhappy person and I took a lot of time to look at her past when she died a few years ago - and I get it - but I don't find it an excuse for her anger and spite but I see the reasons. We clashed early in my childhood. Two small children born a year apart and WW2 and my Dad working in an essential industry was hard on a young woman - this I understand - and yes - it's another story - 

The good our stories do is that we can connect - we haven't walked all someone else's journey but we have walked part of it - and together the parts make up a whole.

Sending my best 

Dec

And my favourite Tuesday Meme

There's nothing quite like a TuesdayThere's nothing quite like a Tuesday

Hello and hugs  @Owlunar , @Anastasia 

Yes what a year we have had already,  we got early  Christmas presents from pur D1 already 

And she also sent some new clothes for  us after the fire 

Christmas is  just around the  corner and I don't really feel like I am in the mood 

But I think too is that my 2 SILs and BIL are coming up  next week before Christmas for my MIL birthday 

@Emelia8 , @Zoe7 

Looking forward to  having 2 weeks off at Christmas time 

Hi @Shaz51 

I can't get the Christmas love just yet - my daughter is still not up for much after her operations - and neither am I really - I think a lot of us feel like that - it has been a lonely year for so many of us

And your D1 has given really thoughtful gifts - and new clothes - she sounds like a very special person - that will make a huge difference

2 weeks off for Christmas sounds well needed and a good idea

And I also send best wishes to your Mum in hospital - 

Dec

Sitting  together having a hug and a cuppa @Owlunar ♥️♥️

Mum is back home now as we are living  there and someone  is there with her

Hi @Shaz51 

Whacko - I bet you Mum is really happy having you and Mr Shaz living with her atm - and it must be a relief for you too - to be able to keep and eye on her - that has to be a small plus in a major life disruption

I certainly have time to join in with a cup of coffee - I had to laugh at this picture - I think I will use it again - sure too actually

Dec

Hump Day coffeeHump Day coffee

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance