Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life after I lost my husband to suicide. Here to help.

Hi overtheedge ! Thank you for your story about your brother. As you can tell im really struggling atm I tried calling the ambulance on him they came in and did a mental health assessment and because he doesn't seem to threaten me or himself nothing came of it.I have been begging for us to go see his psychiatrist again or even a new one but he gets upset that I don't get him and says "im not going to fuck my life up for no c#$t and take these meds " (excuse my language). So it's a no-go... He has been thinking I have tried to poison him with his meds in his food too. Even when we went out for McDonald's a while back he threw it out and i knew what he was thinking right away. He sometimes says things like "whoever did this to me and my family will pay". I notice hes very angry and although very different when we are at home and not going out amongst others.He has been thinking our phones are tappd, hates brining them when we go out. Hes changed his phone, phone number.. even though most of these were about a year ago and not so crazy hes still paraniod I can tell then he drops a few words I try and ignore it but plays on my mind.<br><br>Was your brother fine before his breakdown? My husband is actually pretty intelligent and makes his even more confusing. The other day our dog got out from the side fence, husband has been thinking that soneone is trying to annoy him and let our dog out (staff so not small) So he fixed it and just the other day the dog was out again. My husband approached me and said "well what can you say now hey, someone's doing this and im fucken sick of it. The dog cant get out on his own the padlock was on!"He keeps on saying stuff like there's only so much coincidence in life. I dont know what to do Im trying my best to support him but when we talk about this he laughs and says I know you know. He worked in a law firm and believes this started there and they are corrupt and doing all this. Says he doesn't feel safe living here.. as much as I want this to work I need my daughter in a safe and stable environment, any advice and input on your brother and thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi @Vikki

Thanks for your kind thoughts

There are so many of us battling with the pain of a suicide close to us - just reading the other posts here - and I think every loss in this way is harder than most other ways of losing people - it is such a waste

I am amazed that it doesn't show - and even when I tell people in passing I find they have not heard - I puzzle about that - and let it go - maybe the thought is so scary people just don't hear at times

And we get told we are strong - I hardly understand that because I do not feel strong either -

I wish people would not do it - how many people here have been hurt by a suicide - luckily we can talk about it here - there are places where it cannot be mentioned - and this is so hard on those of us who live with it every day -

Yes - it does cause other people to feel all sorts of emotions they most likely would rather not feel if we talk about losing a loved on to suicide - but it is reality

I care about everyone who posted here but right now I can't respond to everyone

@DeeElysia@Former-Member@Zoe7@Former-Member

All of you have contributed to Vikki's post and have your own stories - some of you I don't even know

DecHeart

I lost my partner and myself and everyone blames me I have a 4 year old daughter and I don't know how to cope I'm completely alone 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance