Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Eating disorder and more - need a shoulder ......

Thank you @ShiningStar for taking the time to reply. 

Yes, it was a very complicated relationship with Mum. I have felt lots of different emotions. But that is nothing new. Throughout my whole life I have had conflicting emotions, we were/are really different people......but she was still my Mum. 

As you say, I am trying to be easy on myself and not pressure myself with my grief with time limits etc. My father died when I was 29 & I was so anxious and scared about Mum's well being that it was a protracted process. But now that my last remaining parent has died and I am no longer someone's daughter and Mum's carer I think that my grief will shift to the more intense feelings more swiftly because I am on my own now. I restarted my NDIS supports today & am hoping that a little routine will be helpful for me.

I guess I am just worried about my family because they're very upset and I worry about the impacts on their health. My aunt spoke or saw my Mum ever day so she is very very sad & at the hospital she was wailing. I've never seen my uncle cry like that, and my little niece and nephew were OK at the service but very upset at the burial. My youngest sib has a friend dying of cancer at the moment so I am worried when he dies my lil' sib MH will decline. He may live one more Christmas but very doubtful he would live much longer. 

Thank you for such a thoughtful post, sorry I can't write much more today. I am just a bit down today after the funeral yesterday. I hope that you are in good health @ShiningStar . Corny 

The last 3 weeks are a bit of a blur and a roller coaster ride @Faith-and-Hope & my sleep isn't the best with lots of vivid dreaming, so I can't remember where we are in the College/University term, but if you are through the assessment period I hope you are enjoying a little break from assignments, Corny Heart

We are on a break @Corny, but no rest from assignments just yet.  I have a major one due in tomorrow, and a couple of small ones to chip

away at for the half-week after that.  They are not a biggie, those ones.  They will be enjoyable.  The main I'm one is a headache, but I am learning a lot on a topic that interests me.

Been thinking about you Hon.  Keep

swimming ...... 🐠💕🐠💕🐠💕🐠

Good luck @Faith-and-Hope with you assignment, I hope that you don't have to do an all nighter and not too many coffees  are needed to get across the line. It will be nice to have a little break soon Smiley Happy

Yeah @Corny .... thanks 💜🌷

I am finally making headway with this assignment @Corny @Zoe7 .... anyone else around.  I might even make the deadline 😏👍

Way to go , well done @Faith-and-Hope :ok_hand:👍

Thanks @Shaz51 🤗💞

That's awesome @Faith-and-Hope I am so proud of you. What an inspiration you are! I hope that it wasn't too much of a slog towards the end. 

I haven't read your other threads on the forum like 'Far & Away' so I am unsure what your course involves. I didn't know if you have to do the classics such as drawing, oils and watercolours, or if it is all modern modes of expression with digital visual arts etc.....but your course really engages you, and your youthful spirit is very obvious.

There's some things monsters can't touch, and I see that with your art. It's such a relief to know this. We need something to keep us going. I hope you can get some rest tonight so the last 2 assignments aren't too hard going on your energy levels, Corny Heart

Submitted my assignment just past the deadline @Corny, but that was owing to a technical hitch which I explained to her.

Now going to collapse in a heap for a bit .....

My course is all of that, btw.  All the traditional disciplines, and the modern and techy ones.  Keeping me out of mischief, it is ..... 🐠

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance